WC Vision has announced the television schedule for the 2013 Pirelli World Challenge Championships that will air on NBC Sports Network. All races will be broadcast in either 90-minute or two-hour programs airing Saturday or Sunday. Additionally, WC Vision and NBC Sports Network have signed a two-year broadcast agreement that is inclusive of 2013 and 2014 seasons.
Renowned motorsports announcers Greg Creamer and Calvin Fish will again provide play-by-play, color commentary and in-depth series analysis. Ashley van Dyke and Jeff Lepper will join Creamer and Fish for pit lane, and pre- and post-race segments. The broadcasts will include unique feature segments, series personalities and behind-the-scenes footage.
“As North America’s number one sprint road racing series it only makes sense for the Pirelli World Challenge Series to partner with one of North America’s leading motorsports media organizations, NBC Sports Network. We’re pleased to sign this multi-year deal and we look forward to another season of increased viewership,” said Scott Bove, WC Vision President and CEO.
2013 Pirelli World Challenge Championships television schedule on NBC Sports Network:
- Streets of St. Petersburg: Sunday, April 7 at 12:30 p.m.
- Streets of Long Beach: Sunday, May 5 at 2 p.m.
- Circuit of the Americas/Streets of Detroit: Sunday, June 16 at 5 p.m.
- Lime Rock Park: Saturday, July 20 at 4 p.m.
- Streets of Toronto/Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course: Saturday, August 17 at 1 p.m.
- Sonoma Raceway: Sunday, September 8 at 3:30 p.m.
- Streets of Houston: Sunday, October 20 at 4 p.m.
Schedule subject to change. All times listed are Eastern.
The 2013 Pirelli World Challenge season opener is scheduled for March 22-24 on the Streets of St. Petersburg, Florida. For more on the series, go to www.world-challenge.com.