Petty: Penske Racing was snitched on at Texas

4 Comments

Seven-time NASCAR Sprint Cup Series champion Richard Petty is convinced that somebody told NASCAR about the unapproved parts in the Penske Racing Fords for last weekend’s race at Texas Motor Speedway.

According to Dave Skretta of The Associated Press, Petty said that Brad Keselowski and Joey Logano had already passed “two or three inspections and hadn’t been caught” at Texas — which leads “The King” to believe that someone snitched their teams out to the sanctioning body.

”Undoubtedly, someone told them what the Penske crew was doing,” Petty told reporters on Friday at Kansas Speedway.

For the infractions, Keselowski and Logano were each docked 25 championship points, and their teams had a combined seven crew members hit with six-race suspensions and $200,000 in fines altogether. Those suspensions have been appealed by Penske Racing, meaning that all of Keselowski and Logano’s crews are present and accounted for this weekend in Kansas.

Petty also touched on those harsh penalties in his time with the press on Friday, saying that NASCAR’s great efforts in developing the new Generation-6 machines may have triggered its sizable reaction.

”I think when something like this happens, it tees them off, because they think they have everything covered,” Petty mused.

Plans revealed for upgraded Circuit Gilles Villeneuve pit complex

Société du parc Jean‑Drapeau
Leave a comment

Plans for the upgraded pit and paddock complex at the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve in Montreal, Canada, have been unveiled ahead of their completion in time for the 2019 Formula 1 race.

The Canadian Grand Prix signed a new long-term F1 contract running to 2029 earlier this year, with a commitment to improving the outdated pit facilities at the circuit, built in 1988.

In a press conference earlier this week, further details and artist renderings were revealed for the CA$48 million project by the Société Parc Jean‑Drapeau.

A new glass structure will become the main pit complex, covering three levels to accommodate the teams, media and hospitality guests.

The construction work will commence at the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve in July 2018 – one month after next year’s Canadian Grand Prix – and be completed two months prior to the 2019 race.

Photo: Société du parc Jean‑Drapeau
Photo: Société du parc Jean‑Drapeau