NASCAR driver Mike Harmon has turned himself in to authorities after warrants were issued for him and a business partner.
Rowan County (N.C.) Sheriff’s deputies said warrants were issued on Monday, while Harmon and his business partner are charged with breaking and entering and larceny after breaking and entering.
It’s the latest turn in the off-track saga surrounding the Nationwide Series driver this year.
On May 16, Jennifer Jo Cobb alleged Harmon stole her transporter, while Harmon pleaded his innocence. Meanwhile on May 28, seven vehicles were seized from Harmon’s garages, which authorities said Harmon had allegedly stole.
Plans for the upgraded pit and paddock complex at the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve in Montreal, Canada, have been unveiled ahead of their completion in time for the 2019 Formula 1 race.
The Canadian Grand Prix signed a new long-term F1 contract running to 2029 earlier this year, with a commitment to improving the outdated pit facilities at the circuit, built in 1988.
In a press conference earlier this week, further details and artist renderings were revealed for the CA$48 million project by the Société Parc Jean‑Drapeau.
A new glass structure will become the main pit complex, covering three levels to accommodate the teams, media and hospitality guests.
The construction work will commence at the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve in July 2018 – one month after next year’s Canadian Grand Prix – and be completed two months prior to the 2019 race.