Keselowski’s likeness to be featured in Ubisoft’s “Watch Dogs”

1 Comment

Brad Keselowski may not be in the 2013 Chase for the Sprint Cup, but NASCAR’s defending champion didn’t get through Chicago without making any announcements.

Keselowski’s likeness will be featured in Ubisoft’s new game “Watch Dogs,” which launches in November for both next-generation and current generation platforms. It’s a game where players will be immersed as a vigilante in a recreation of Chicago, to have the ability to hack into the central operating system and control almost every element of the city.

It may sound like an abnormal partnership, but it fits with Keselowski’s love of playing video games and his goal to attract a newer, younger demographic to NASCAR.

“I like to do things that are authentic to me,” Keselowski said in a phone interview Saturday. “I play a lot of video games myself – many similar to ‘Watch Dogs’ – this was my chance to be a part of one, so I jumped on it. I just like the way this fits me, who I am, and my generation.”

Video games served as a needed distraction for Keselowski after winning last year’s title.

“These types of games I play over the offseason, as I usually have the most amount of time to really kill, but I still have a lot of fun with it,” he said. “I pulled a 26-hour shift last year after I won the championship – I just needed to get away from everything. I played another game of Ubisoft’s. It’s a great escape for me to get away from racing.”

Keselowski isn’t hoping to “take much out of it” as much he is expose the sport to a different audience.

His day job resumes with the next round of the season at Loudon, N.H. this weekend.

NHRA: Brittany Force cleared to race this weekend in Phoenix after bad wreck 2 weeks ago

Photo: John Force Racing
Leave a comment

Drag racing is a Force family tradition. So, too, is not keeping a Force family member down.

Just 12 days after the most serious wreck of her six-year drag racing career, Brittany Force and John Force Racing announced late Thursday afternoon that the defending 2017 NHRA Top Fuel champion has been medically cleared and will indeed race in this weekend’s NHRA Arizona Nationals at Wild Horse Pass Motorsports Park in suburban Phoenix, Arizona.

“I flew into Phoenix early this (Thursday) morning and headed straight out to the race track to meet up with my team,” Force said. “I suited up and got belted back into my car that I ran all last season.

“It honestly felt good to be strapped back in and I was surprised how comfortable I was. I’m looking forward to getting back in my car tomorrow (Friday’s first two rounds of qualifying) and getting back in the swing of things with my guys.”

The 31-year-old Force, one of four daughters of 16-time NHRA Funny Car champ John Force, suffered a concussion and bruising after the hard crash she was involved in on February 11 in the first round of eliminations of the season-opening NHRA Lucas Oil Winternationals in Pomona, California.

Shortly after leaving the starting line in a race vs. Terry Haddock, Force’s dragster crossed from the right to left lanes, impacted the retaining wall with a very hard lateral crash, bounced off, spun, went on its side and briefly caught fire after crossing the finish line wheels-up.

While she is still recovering from the bruising, Force feels strong enough to get back behind the wheel. Getting back in the race car could be the best medicine of all, since she has three runner-up finishes in Phoenix, including back-to-back second-place showings in both the 2016 and 2017 national events.

The three-day event kicks off Friday with qualifying rounds at 4 and 6:30 p.m. ET, the same times as Saturday’s qualifying. Final eliminations begin at 1 p.m. ET Sunday.