The Red Bull Global Rallycross championship joins the portfolio of motorsports series in the NBC Sports Group family of networks for 2014. Just last week, the series confirmed its 2014 schedule. The full series release regarding the TV news is below:
Red Bull Global Rallycross is pleased to announce the launch of a multi-year partnership with NBC Sports Group, beginning with the 2014 season. In 2014, nine Red Bull Global Rallycross events will be broadcast on NBC, with rebroadcasts taking place on NBCSN.
“This is a great step forward for Red Bull Global Rallycross,” says series CEO, Colin Dyne. “Partnering with NBC will allow us to bring our events to millions of our existing fans, and welcome new fans as well. We look forward to delivering unparalleled, high-octane race action.”
The 2014 Red Bull Global Rallycross broadcast schedule is as follows:
- Top Gear Festival Barbados: Saturday, May 24 (tape delay), 1-2PM ET, NBC
- X Games Austin: Saturday, June 7 (live), ESPN
- Washington, DC: Sunday, June 22 (live), 2-3PM ET, NBC
- New York, NY: Sunday, July 20 (live), 2-3PM ET, NBC
- Charlotte, NC: Saturday, July 26 (live), 2:00-3:00PM ET, NBC
- Detroit, MI: Sunday, August 3 (live), 2-3:30PM ET, NBC
- Daytona, FL: Saturday, August 23 (live), 3:30-4:30PM ET, NBC
- Los Angeles, CA: Saturday, September 20 (live), 5-6PM ET, NBC
- Seattle, WA: Sunday, September 28 (tape delay), 2:30-3:30PM ET, NBC
- Las Vegas, NV: Sunday, November 16 (tape delay), 2-3PM ET, NBC
Red Bull Global Rallycross is also grateful for its founding relationship with ESPN. The series looks forward to participating in this year’s X Games Austin, which will be broadcast on ESPN.
There will be more to come very likely later this week regarding the launch of Dinner with Racers season two, as supported by Continental Tire and Acura.
The popular podcast hosted by sports car veteran driver Ryan Eversley, a factory driver for Acura Motorsports’ NSX GT3 program with RealTime Racing in Pirelli World Challenge, and veteran behind-the-scenes PR/video/marketing maven Sean Heckman had 28 episodes in its first season and should have a similar number for season two.
Two of the more popular episodes from Season 1 involved veteran engineer Jeff Braun, father of Colin and Travis Braun. The elder Braun hosted the guys at his family’s house in Ovalo, Texas, which is about as “middle of nowhere” as it gets. Colin Braun and Jon Bennett will share the No. 54 CORE autosport Porsche 911 GT3 R next season in the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship.
Jeff Braun’s racing stories were one episode, while a special breakout episode was dedicated to Level 5 Motorsports, and remains one of the most popular downloaded episodes from the season. Both are linked below.
But in the above video, you can get a tour of the Braun household. We leave it to Jeff, Sean and Ryan to do the rest.
Notes from the last week or so in the busy, wild world of sports car racing:
- Flying Lizard Motorsports benefitted from late-race issues that hit the Ryno Racing Team, where the right rear stub axle broke on its Ginetta G57 LMP3. The Lizard’s No. 45 Audi R8 LMS of Darren Law, Johannes van Overbeek, Mike Hedlund and Dion von Moltke delivered a flawless drive en route to the win, the car’s second straight. More here from Sportscar365.
- Rebellion Racing confirmed a Tequila Patron North American Endurance Cup entry. Nick Heidfeld, Neel Jani and Sebastien Buemi will be an all-star lineup in the team’s Oreca 07 at the 51st running of the 24 Hours of Daytona, January 26-29, and at the Roar, January 6-9.
- Grasser Racing Team will run a two-car Lamborghini Huracán GT3 effort at the Rolex 24 at Daytona. Rolf Ineichen (Switzerland), Christian Engelhart (Germany), Mirko Bortolotti (Italy) and Ezequil Companc (Argentina) will be in one car, with Ineichen and Engelhart the first two drivers listed for the second car.
- Former Fall-Line Motorsports team manager Michael Harvey has been named Director of Race Operations for VISIT FLORIDA Racing, which is a great get for the Troy Flis-owned team. Renger van der Zande and Marc Goossens are the team’s full-season drivers for the No. 90 Riley-Gibson car.
- IMSA has confirmed a couple things on the Continental Tire SportsCar Challenge – which is linked here.
- Mercedes-AMG will build a GT4. More here from Sportscar365.
- Two Porsche announcements in PWC. Patrick Long will be back with Wright Motorsports in its No. 58 Porsche 911 GT3 R, while Jon Fogarty will be back in a Porsche, following a surprise switch by the GAINSCO/Bob Stallings Racing from McLaren this year.
In this video produced by the Road Racing Drivers Club SAFEisFAST initiative, we take a look behind the scenes at the Verizon IndyCar Series’ unsung heroes: the Holmatro Safety Team.
You’ve heard about their heroic efforts over the years, particularly with saving James Hinchcliffe’s life last year in Indianapolis.
But how do they do what they do? This video explains it.
The partnership between Red Bull Racing and Aston Martin will continue into 2017, Red Bull confirmed on Tuesday.
Branding on the Red Bull Formula 1 chassis will continue, while bigger news has come in terms of the AM-RB 001 hypercar.
Red Bull and Aston Martin announced that all 150 road-going cars of the 175 cars built (the other 25 are track-only specials) have been sold and customer deliveries will begin in early 2019.
An AM-RB 001 prototype is expected to run for the first time by the end of this season.
“We first conceived our Innovation Partnership with Aston Martin in the realization that it could be truly pioneering,” said Christian Horner, Red Bull Racing team principal.
“In blending our distinct but unique skills under a shared creative vision, we have already seen tangible development to both of our brands and businesses. The extraordinary success of the AM RB-001 is testament to the expert and collaborative spirit in which it was forged, and extending our relationship with Aston Martin through 2017 was a simple and pleasing decision.”
Aston Martin President and CEO Andy Palmer added, “By bringing together the talents of Red Bull Racing and Aston Martin, AM-RB 001 is destined to become the defining hypercar of this decade and a hugely desirable investment for collectors and enthusiasts.
“Our relationship with Red Bull Racing has done for Aston Martin exactly what we expected it to do,” he continued. “It is helping us to continue to build our brand across the globe. Partnerships like this are good for business both in terms of technical innovation and brand awareness, so we are pleased to continue into 2017.”