Renault e.dams confirms Prost and Buemi for upcoming Formula E season

Leave a comment

Renault e.dams has confirmed that Nicolas Prost and Sebastien Buemi have been retained for the 2015/2016 FIA Formula E season.

e.dams won the inaugural Formula E teams’ title in London back in June, but was unable to follow up this success in the drivers’ championship as Buemi fell one point short of eventual winner Nelson Piquet Jr.

The French team looked likely to retain both of its season one drivers as both took part in all six days of pre-season testing, but has now officially confirmed that they will be kept on.

“Renault e.dams is delighted to announce Nicolas Prost and Sebastien Buemi as its official driver line-up for the 2015/16 FIA Formula E Championship campaign, which kicks off on October 17 in Beijing, China,” a statement from the team said.

“The current teams’ champion welcomed the pair back to the fold for official pre-season testing at Donington Park following an extremely successful inaugural campaign in the FIA’s all-electric championship.”

Buemi was pleased to be confirmed as a Renault e.dams driver for season two, believing that the team is in a good position following pre-season.

“I’m so happy that I’ll be working with the guys at Renault e.dams again because we all get on so well,” Buemi said. “The team is a little bigger than last year with Renault being on board but having a big manufacturer like that only strengthens the team.

“After our promising performance in testing things are looking good, but it’s too early to say what will happen during the season. Let’s see!”

Prost, who finished sixth in last year’s drivers’ championship, expressed his confidence in the team and the importance of continuity.

“I’m delighted to be remaining with Renault e.dams for this year’s FIA Formula E Championship,” Prost said.

“It’s important to stay in the same team for the sake of continuity. Everyone knows each other well and it’s much easier to work with the same guys and in the same environment.

“It’ll be exciting to see what we can achieve this year, especially with the new powertrain from Renault and a promising first run at Donington.”

Video highlights from Stage 12 of Dakar Rally, 2 stages remain

Getty Images
Leave a comment

Thursday’s Stage 12 of the 40th Dakar Rally not only closed the overall standings gap in at least two classes (cars and trucks), two other classes (bikes and quads) failed to get going due to weather conditions.

The full video highlights of Stage 12 will air on NBCSN on Friday at 7 pm ET, but here are some of the highlights from Thursday’s action:

CARS

2018 Dakar Rally: Nasser Al-Attiyah wins Stage 12 of cars

BIKES

 Stage 12 cancelled due to weather conditions

 

TRUCKS

Ton van Genugten edged out Martin Kolomy in Stage of, while Federico Villagra and Eduard Nikolaev both faced an uphill battle to finish fourth and third respectively.

QUADS

Even though the Quads were also impacted by weather issues on Thursday, Ignacio Casale, the 2014 Dakar winner, continues to make his case for a second overall victory in the quads.