AVONDALE, Ariz. – A few morning updates before the first practice session starts here at Phoenix International Raceway for the Prix View test for the Verizon IndyCar Series (a link to the full preview is here).
Here’s some quick livery updates and other notes you’ll see once the session starts at 3 p.m. ET, 1 p.m. MT on racecontrol.indycar.com:
- Scott Dixon is in an all-white No. 9 Honda for Chip Ganassi Racing with no signage. CGR crewmembers are just wearing plain, unbranded red polo shirts.
- Mikhail Aleshin’s No. 7 SMP Racing Honda for Schmidt Peterson Motorsports is all-black.
- Get used to seeing a lot of red, white and blue cars. Both Dale Coyne Racing cars are in the white, red and blue liveries you would have seen on the No. 19 Honda last year. The differentiation is that Sebastien Bourdais’ No. 18 car has a red camera mount over the airbox while rookie Ed Jones’ No. 19 car has a blue one.
- Takuma Sato’s No. 26 Andretti Autosport Honda is also in a white, red and blue livery, predominately blue with Panasonic signage over the engine cowling.
- Both ABC Supply Co. Chevrolets, the No. 4 for Conor Daly and No. 14 for Carlos Munoz, are in the same ABC Supply white, red and blue colors.
- NBC Sports spoke briefly to A.J. Foyt Enterprises president Larry Foyt, who confirmed Foyt team director George Klotz will serve as Daly’s strategist, with Larry Foyt the strategist for Munoz. Foyt is uncertain whether the team will run a third car for the Indianapolis 500 at the moment.
- Alexander Rossi’s No. 98 Honda has NAPA AUTO PARTS signage, as expected.
- Helio Castroneves has Hitachi signage on his No. 3 Team Penske Chevrolet. Simon Pagenaud is in the blue-and-white of PPG on his new No. 1 Chevrolet, while both Josef Newgarden and Will Power are in Verizon signage.
- Graham Rahal’s crew has United Rentals shirts on for his No. 15 Honda at Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing.
- Luis Michael Dorrbecker, who is set to test with Schmidt Peterson Motorsports next month at Sebring, is on site this weekend.
More to follow as the day progresses.