Daniel Ricciardo has won a fan vote for the overtake of the year in Formula 1 for his triple-pass en route to victory in the Azerbaijan Grand Prix in June.
In a vote held on the official F1 website earlier this week, fans were asked to pick their favorite overtakes of the year, with a top 10 being announced on Saturday.
Ricciardo featured three times in the top 10, with the winning pass coming during the dramatic race in Baku.
Heading down the main straight, Ricciardo managed to get a tow and pass Nico Hulkenberg, Felipe Massa and Lance Stroll all into Turn 1, rising from P6 to P3 in the process.
The move proved crucial in Ricciardo’s march to victory as leaders Lewis Hamilton and Sebastian Vettel both hit trouble later in the race, allowing the Red Bull driver to capitalize and take a famous win.
F1 2017 Top 10 Overtakes (Fan Vote)
10. Nico Hulkenberg on Sergio Perez and Esteban Ocon, Belgian GP
9. Carlos Sainz Jr. on Sergio Perez, United States GP
8. Fernando Alonso on Carlos Sainz Jr., Hungarian GP
7. Daniel Ricciardo and Kimi Raikkonen on Valtteri Bottas, Belgian GP
6. Daniel Ricciardo on Kimi Raikkonen, Italian GP
5. Kevin Magnussen on Felipe Massa, Singapore GP
4. Lewis Hamilton on Fernando Alonso, Mexican GP
3. Sebastian Vettel on Valtteri Bottas, Spanish GP
2. Sebastian Vettel on Daniel Ricciardo, Chinese GP
1. Daniel Ricciardo on Nico Hulkenberg, Lance Stroll and Felipe Massa, Azerbaijan GP