Vettel enjoying ‘favorite’ tag

0 Comments

Defending Formula One world champion Sebastian Vettel has revealed he is enjoying the attention that both he and Red Bull are receiving.

Having won three consecutive world championships, Vettel and Red Bull are regarded by many as having a strong chance of making it four-in-a-row in 2013. However, despite admitting to the official Formula One website that he enjoyed the ‘favorite’ tag, he was quick to tell his rivals to wait until Melbourne before coming to a conclusion about his pace.

“Ah, I thank everybody for their high opinions. Let’s hope they are right!

“To be honest I had very little time to look at how others are doing, so I am impressed by how much we’ve been under scrutiny from others. I think Melbourne will show the trend, but I doubt that we will be able to establish any real pecking order based on one or two races.”

Vettel did not gauge Red Bull’s progress compared to that of their rivals, believing that this would not be clear for a while, but he does believe that the midfield has cut the gap to the front runners.

“Last year we also had to learn that it takes much longer these days to know who is hot and who is not.

“I also believe is that the midfield is closing the gap even further to the top. What does that mean? That the usual suspects will have to work harder – and for the fans that we will again see an exciting season!”

Vettel will drive his RB9 for the final time before the Australian Grand Prix tomorrow. The German driver has a reputation for naming his cars, with previous incarnations christened “Luscious Liz”, “Kinky Kylie”, “Kate” and “Kate’s dirty sister”. He did concede that he is yet to name the RB9.

“No, we will sit down in the week before Melbourne to discuss how ‘she’ should be called.”

Ken Roczen signs with HEP Progressive Ecstar Suzuki for 2023

Roczen Progressive Ecstar Suzuki
Align Media
0 Comments

ANAHEIM, California – Ken Roczen will make the move from HRC Honda to H.E.P. Motorsports with the Progressive Ecstar Suzuki team, ending a long and eventful offseason that saw his split from his longstanding team after he committed to running World Supercross (WSX).

“H.E.P. Motorsports is thrilled to announce that the team has signed Ken Roczen as its premier rider for the 2023 season,” the team announced on Instagram. “Former AMA Motocross champion Roczen will be aboard a Suzuki RM-Z450. Roczen, who won his most recent championship on a Suzuki, will be reunited with the brand and bring his exciting style, determination, and grit back to the RM Army.

“Ken Roczen will compete in the upcoming 2023 Supercross and Motocross Championship series which is set to start on January 7 at Anaheim Stadium in Southern California.”

For Roczen, it is a return to the bike of his youth and on which he had some of his greatest professional success.

“This thing has been going on for weeks and weeks and weeks in the making, but there was so much uncertainty,” Roczen told NBC Sports during Monster Energy Supercross Media Sessions. “It was a very unique situation. I just finally signed two nights ago, so it’s really only legit once the ink hits the paper. It’s been in the works for a long time, but there were just a lot of questions and a lot of input from a lot of other teams too.

“Good things take time, and I’m okay with that. I grew up riding Suzuki. Ot’s like a homecoming. It’s a special feeling”

Roczen won the 2016 Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship on a Suzuki before making the move to Honda. That year he won nine of 12 Nationals and finished no worse than second as he easily outpaced Eli Tomac by 86 points. He finished third in his next Pro Motocross outing in 2018 after sitting out the outdoor season in 2017.

“I am beyond excited to reconnect with Suzuki for the 3rd time in my career. We’ve had a lot of success in the past and I’m looking forward to seeing what we can accomplish together in our future.” Roczen said in the Instagram post.