Ferrari tight-lipped on rumored Le Mans return

2 Comments

Is Ferrari planning a surprise return to the Le Mans 24 Hours with a fully-fledged LMP1 protoype?

Rumors claim the prancing horse is considering a bit to win the race outright in 2015, which would be 50 years since its most recent triumph at the endurance classic.

A Ferrari spokesperson told Top Gear: “In parallel to our Formula One programme we have always paid close attention to other racing series, currently those run for GT cars, as these provide further opportunities for our technology transfer programme to road cars.

“In the past we also ran special projects, such as the one based on the FXX car and we have many other ideas we are currently working on.”

Ferrari currently competes in the GT category at Le Mans with its 458 Italia. Its AF Corse team won last year’s race with Giancarlo Fisichella, Gianmaria Bruni and Toni Vilander.

From next year Formula One will use 1.6-litre V6 turbo engines which could also be used at Le Mans. Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo welcomed the forthcoming change and said F1 needs to remain relevant for car manufacturers like Ferrari:

“We design and build cars of the very highest order. We will stay in F1 as long as it can be considered a test bed for advanced research, the highest technology and worthwhile for a great company like Ferrari, which is known and appreciated around the world.”

Ken Roczen signs with HEP Progressive Ecstar Suzuki for 2023

Roczen Progressive Ecstar Suzuki
Align Media
0 Comments

ANAHEIM, California – Ken Roczen will make the move from HRC Honda to H.E.P. Motorsports with the Progressive Ecstar Suzuki team, ending a long and eventful offseason that saw his split from his longstanding team after he committed to running World Supercross (WSX).

“H.E.P. Motorsports is thrilled to announce that the team has signed Ken Roczen as its premier rider for the 2023 season,” the team announced on Instagram. “Former AMA Motocross champion Roczen will be aboard a Suzuki RM-Z450. Roczen, who won his most recent championship on a Suzuki, will be reunited with the brand and bring his exciting style, determination, and grit back to the RM Army.

“Ken Roczen will compete in the upcoming 2023 Supercross and Motocross Championship series which is set to start on January 7 at Anaheim Stadium in Southern California.”

For Roczen, it is a return to the bike of his youth and on which he had some of his greatest professional success.

“This thing has been going on for weeks and weeks and weeks in the making, but there was so much uncertainty,” Roczen told NBC Sports during Monster Energy Supercross Media Sessions. “It was a very unique situation. I just finally signed two nights ago, so it’s really only legit once the ink hits the paper. It’s been in the works for a long time, but there were just a lot of questions and a lot of input from a lot of other teams too.

“Good things take time, and I’m okay with that. I grew up riding Suzuki. Ot’s like a homecoming. It’s a special feeling”

Roczen won the 2016 Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship on a Suzuki before making the move to Honda. That year he won nine of 12 Nationals and finished no worse than second as he easily outpaced Eli Tomac by 86 points. He finished third in his next Pro Motocross outing in 2018 after sitting out the outdoor season in 2017.

“I am beyond excited to reconnect with Suzuki for the 3rd time in my career. We’ve had a lot of success in the past and I’m looking forward to seeing what we can accomplish together in our future.” Roczen said in the Instagram post.