Renderings of Dallara’s new Indy Lights machine revealed

2 Comments

Less than a month after Dallara was charged with creating the next-generation Indy Lights machine, Andersen Promotions has released renderings of the IL-15, a joint effort between the chassis maker’s Italian headquarters and American effort in Speedway, Indiana.

In preparation for the transition to the IL-15 in 2015, updates to the current Lights chassis – which has been in service since 2002 – will be added next year.

“The new Indy Lights Dallara IL-15 will be built to the highest safety and reliability standards that Dallara is known for and offer a modern stylish appearance that we know our drivers and fans will love,” Dan Andersen, owner and CEO of Andersen Promotions, said in a statement.

“We’ve been working with Dallara to present a car that will perform well, provide the proper training required for drivers in our series as the final step on the Mazda Road to Indy ladder and still be exciting to look at. We believe the designers have accomplished all of our goals. Seeing it on the track next August in testing cannot come soon enough for us.”

Compared to its bigger “brother,” the IndyCar Series’ DW-12, the renderings of the IL-15 foreshadow a relatively cleaner look. Most noticeable are the absence of rear wheel guards and side impact guards currently seen on the DW-12, as well as a roll hoop that looks a bit different.

Dallara CEO Andrea Pontremoli said that many innovations from the IndyCar Series such as driver protection devices and paddle-shifting will be carried over to the IL-15.

“Styling targets have been achieved so far, and we can’t wait to start working together with all the other partners involved in the project,” he said. “We will soon be ready to provide a modern, safe, reliable and stylish race car…We can’t tell how excited we feel about this new cooperation, and we look forward to testing the brand-new car on the racetracks next year.”

An engine partner for the new Indy Lights machine will be revealed at a later date. Additionally, partnerships have been confirmed with Cosworth on the electronics side and Performance Friction for brakes.

source:

Photo Credit: Andersen Promotions/Dallara

Ken Roczen signs with HEP Progressive Ecstar Suzuki for 2023

Roczen Progressive Ecstar Suzuki
Align Media
0 Comments

ANAHEIM, California – Ken Roczen will make the move from HRC Honda to H.E.P. Motorsports with the Progressive Ecstar Suzuki team, ending a long and eventful offseason that saw his split from his longstanding team after he committed to running World Supercross (WSX).

“H.E.P. Motorsports is thrilled to announce that the team has signed Ken Roczen as its premier rider for the 2023 season,” the team announced on Instagram. “Former AMA Motocross champion Roczen will be aboard a Suzuki RM-Z450. Roczen, who won his most recent championship on a Suzuki, will be reunited with the brand and bring his exciting style, determination, and grit back to the RM Army.

“Ken Roczen will compete in the upcoming 2023 Supercross and Motocross Championship series which is set to start on January 7 at Anaheim Stadium in Southern California.”

For Roczen, it is a return to the bike of his youth and on which he had some of his greatest professional success.

“This thing has been going on for weeks and weeks and weeks in the making, but there was so much uncertainty,” Roczen told NBC Sports during Monster Energy Supercross Media Sessions. “It was a very unique situation. I just finally signed two nights ago, so it’s really only legit once the ink hits the paper. It’s been in the works for a long time, but there were just a lot of questions and a lot of input from a lot of other teams too.

“Good things take time, and I’m okay with that. I grew up riding Suzuki. Ot’s like a homecoming. It’s a special feeling”

Roczen won the 2016 Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship on a Suzuki before making the move to Honda. That year he won nine of 12 Nationals and finished no worse than second as he easily outpaced Eli Tomac by 86 points. He finished third in his next Pro Motocross outing in 2018 after sitting out the outdoor season in 2017.

“I am beyond excited to reconnect with Suzuki for the 3rd time in my career. We’ve had a lot of success in the past and I’m looking forward to seeing what we can accomplish together in our future.” Roczen said in the Instagram post.