Complete 2014 F1 on NBC Sports TV Times, Schedule

8 Comments

The complete, 2014 Formula One on NBC Sports schedule has been revealed (see Australian Grand Prix times here). A breakdown of times for each Grand Prix follows:

NBC will present four races, CNBC will broadcast three and NBCSN will air the remaining 12 races. CNBC will also live broadcast eight qualifying sessions, while NBCSN will air 11. All practices will be presented on NBCSN. Additionally, every race can be viewed live on your desktop and mobile device via NBC Sports Live Extra and the NBC Sports Live Extra app.

NBC Sports Group’s Formula One full announce booth returns for a second season, with lead race announcer Leigh Diffey providing live play-by-play commentary. Diffey is joined by veteran analyst and former racecar driver David Hobbs, and analyst Steve Matchett, a former race mechanic for the Benetton F1 team. Rounding out the broadcast team is F1 insider Will Buxton, who will provide live reports on-site in Australia and at all 19 F1 races this season.

The four live NBC races begin with the Monaco Grand Prix on May 25 at 7:30 a.m. ET, followed by the Canadian Grand Prix on Sunday, June 8 at 2 p.m. ET. NBC’s F1 coverage continues with the United States Grand Prix (Austin) on Sunday, Nov. 2 at 1 p.m. ET, and concludes with the Brazilian Grand Prix on Sunday, Nov. 9 at 1 p.m. ET. NBC Sports Group’s announce team of Diffey, Hobbs, Matchett, and Buxton will be on-site to call the action from Monaco, Montreal (Canada) and Austin (U.S.).

Due to scheduling conflicts, live coverage of the Great Britain, German and Hungarian Grands Prix will air on CNBC, NBCUniversal’s fully-distributed business channel.

The full release on the F1 schedule can be found on the NBC Sports Group Press Box website.

Schedule by Grand Prix:

Grand Prix Practice 2 (ALL on NBCSN) Qualifying (11 NBCSN, 8 CNBC; Specifics TBD) Race (Channel Listed)
Australian P1: 3/13, 9:30 p.m.P2: 3/14, 1:30 a.m. March 152:00 a.m. March 161:30 a.m., NBCSN
Malaysian March 282:00 a.m. March 294:00 a.m. March 303:30 a.m., NBCSN
Bahrain April 411:00 a.m. April 511:00 a.m. April 610:30 a.m.,  NBCSN
Chinese April 182:00 a.m. April 192:00 a.m. April 202:30 a.m., NBCSN
Spanish May 98:00 a.m. May 108:00 a.m. May 117:30 a.m., NBCSN
Monaco May 22 (Thurs.)8:00 a.m. May 248:00 a.m. May 257:30 a.m., NBC*
Canadian June 62:00 p.m. June 71:00 p.m. June 82:00 p.m., NBC*
Austrian June 208:00 a.m. June 218:00 a.m. June 227:30 a.m., NBCSN
British July 49:00 a.m. July 58:00 a.m. July 67:30 a.m., CNBC
German July 18 (SDD)2:30 p.m. July 198:00 a.m. July 207:30 a.m., CNBC
Hungarian July 25 (SDD)11:30 a.m. July 268:00 a.m. July 277:30 a.m., CNBC
Belgian August 228:00 a.m. August 238:00 a.m. August 247:30 a.m., NBCSN
Italian September 58:00 a.m. September 68:00 a.m. September 77:30 a.m., NBCSN
Singapore September 199:30 a.m. September 209:00 a.m. September 217:30 a.m., NBCSN
Japanese October 31:00 a.m. October 41:00 a.m. October 51:30 a.m., NBCSN
Russian October 106:00 a.m. October 117:00 a.m. October 126:30 a.m., NBCSN
United States October 311:00 p.m. November 11:00 p.m. November 22:00 p.m., NBC*
Brazilian November 711:00 a.m. November 811:00 a.m. November 91:00 p.m., NBC
Abu Dhabi November 218:00 a.m. November 228:00 a.m. November 237:30 a.m., NBCSN

All Times ET

Schedule Subject to Change
(SDD) Same Day Delay

*Entire broadcast team on site

Indy 500 analyst role part of looking forward for Danica Patrick

Getty Images
1 Comment

It’s been 10 months since Danica Patrick last competed in an auto racing event and she is completely fine with that.

Patrick was last seen in a cockpit in last May’s Indianapolis 500, part of her mini-retirement tour from racing that also included a run in the Daytona 500.

Now she’ll be back at the track, serving as an analyst for NBC’s broadcast of the 103rd Indy 500 on May 26.

It will be an interlude to her post-racing career.

“I really don’t miss racing,” Patrick said during a teleconference Wednesday.  “I’m really happy. I selfishly set out (with) the intention I wanted to travel a lot. I’ve definitely done that. Also working on my other businesses.”

Without racing, Patrick is able to look over her “Warrior” clothing line and her Somnium wine. She’s also been a host of ESPN’s Espy Awards show.

“I’m not a look-back kind of person, I’m a look-forward (person),” Patrick said. “This is something that’s part of looking forward. This is something totally new and different for me. It’s coming at a place where I have a lot of history, but it hasn’t been my job, which is why I’m going to work really hard to make sure I’m ready, like anything else I do that’s different.

Since retiring, Patrick said she watches racing “when I can.”

“I’m not going to lie, I’m happy doing what I’m doing,” Patrick said. “It’s allowed me new opportunities like this.”

This won’t be the first time Patrick has served in an analyst role for a race. She did the same for some Xfinity Series race broadcasts in the last few years of her NASCAR career.

“It’s very good to have had that experience,” Patrick said. “Obviously I was giving my driving experience sort of perspective and that insight, which is something I’m going to be doing again. But it was a guest spot.

“This is firm and established, part of a small team of two with Mike (Tirico) and I. I think there’s going to be a lot more preparation involved, I’m going to need to know a lot more information.”

Patrick said there will be one difference in her Indy 500 experience this year compared to the eight times she competed in the “Greatest Spectacle in Racing.”

“I didn’t purposely look at the buildup of the day,” Patrick said. “I didn’t want to see the fans rolling in, all the pomp and circumstance. I really liked to keep it quiet. I wanted to just walk out there and have it be the event, not let myself get built up too much in my head with nerves, just the platform, the iconic event that it was, the millions of people. I just wanted to stay focused and go do it.

“This time, I’m sure I will see the buildup. I’m sure I’ll see the place fill in and turn from a quiet, peaceful, magical place, (and) at the shot of a cannon it’s going to start unraveling. That will be a cool perspective for me that I purposely haven’t really watched closely.”

and on Facebook