Alonso gets cryptic on Twitter amid speculation about his future

3 Comments

As speculation about his future with Ferrari continues to circulate, Fernando Alonso has sent out a cryptic tweet to deny some of the stories.

The two-time world champion joined Ferrari back in 2010, creating a partnership that was intended to take both the driver and the team back to the very top of Formula 1.

We’re now five seasons down the line, and neither has another world title to its name. Alonso has managed to get himself in the running for the championship on two occasions, only to lose out to Sebastian Vettel at the final race (2010, 2012), but the sub-standard Ferrari cars have given him little hope of beating the German driver and – now in 2014 – Mercedes.

For some time now, stories have been linking Alonso with a move back to McLaren, who is set to join forces with Honda once again in 2015. However, a report in Bild earlier this week said that the Spaniard would be willing to stay at Ferrari if his salary was doubled to nearly $50m per year, making him the highest-paid driver in the history of the sport.

Alonso took to Twitter yesterday to add his pennyworth to the stories.

For some time now, the Spaniard has denied all reports linking him with a move away from the team. In Germany, he denied having contact with any other team before laughing at the fact that his future has been speculated ever since his Renault days back in 2003.

“It’s the same question every year in July,” he said. “From 2003 I start, so eleven years. I didn’t talk with any team, and it’s not my priority.”

With silly season quickly gathering steam though, it will have to become his priority sooner or later.

Ken Roczen signs with HEP Progressive Ecstar Suzuki for 2023

Roczen Progressive Ecstar Suzuki
Align Media
0 Comments

ANAHEIM, California – Ken Roczen will make the move from HRC Honda to H.E.P. Motorsports with the Progressive Ecstar Suzuki team, ending a long and eventful offseason that saw his split from his longstanding team after he committed to running World Supercross (WSX).

“H.E.P. Motorsports is thrilled to announce that the team has signed Ken Roczen as its premier rider for the 2023 season,” the team announced on Instagram. “Former AMA Motocross champion Roczen will be aboard a Suzuki RM-Z450. Roczen, who won his most recent championship on a Suzuki, will be reunited with the brand and bring his exciting style, determination, and grit back to the RM Army.

“Ken Roczen will compete in the upcoming 2023 Supercross and Motocross Championship series which is set to start on January 7 at Anaheim Stadium in Southern California.”

For Roczen, it is a return to the bike of his youth and on which he had some of his greatest professional success.

“This thing has been going on for weeks and weeks and weeks in the making, but there was so much uncertainty,” Roczen told NBC Sports during Monster Energy Supercross Media Sessions. “It was a very unique situation. I just finally signed two nights ago, so it’s really only legit once the ink hits the paper. It’s been in the works for a long time, but there were just a lot of questions and a lot of input from a lot of other teams too.

“Good things take time, and I’m okay with that. I grew up riding Suzuki. Ot’s like a homecoming. It’s a special feeling”

Roczen won the 2016 Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship on a Suzuki before making the move to Honda. That year he won nine of 12 Nationals and finished no worse than second as he easily outpaced Eli Tomac by 86 points. He finished third in his next Pro Motocross outing in 2018 after sitting out the outdoor season in 2017.

“I am beyond excited to reconnect with Suzuki for the 3rd time in my career. We’ve had a lot of success in the past and I’m looking forward to seeing what we can accomplish together in our future.” Roczen said in the Instagram post.