Di Resta determined to return to Formula 1

1 Comment

Paul di Resta has said that he will do whatever it takes to return to Formula 1 after being left without a seat for the 2014 season.

The Scotsman made his debut back in 2011 for Force India, and went on to spend all three seasons of his F1 career with Vijay Mallya’s team. However, he was dropped at the end of last year to make way for Sergio Perez and Nico Hulkenberg.

This move appears to have been the right one for Force India, which has made its best ever start to a Formula 1 season in 2014. di Resta, on the other hand, was forced to move back to the DTM German touring car series from which he entered F1 in the first place. However, he is determined to make a comeback in the future.

“[F1 is] the best racing there is and you are up there with la crème de la crème, so obviously it was disappointing not to get the chance to be involved this season,” di Resta told the Scottish Herald newspaper. “But you have to put up with setbacks and it’s how you react to these things which matter.

“I am confident people have seen that I have the qualities to succeed in F1 but, of course, things keep changing in the sport.

“Whether it’s the rules or the driver line-ups and, unfortunately, the situation arose where there wasn’t a place for me.

“I am still young enough to believe I can gain another opportunity and I am pushing as hard as I can to make it happen. I want to be back in F1 and I will do whatever I can to fulfil that ambition.”

During his three year stint, di Resta may not have set the world on fire, but he certainly held his own. As the driver market for the 2015 season continues to shake up and be speculated, the Scotsman will be hoping to get his name in the ring ahead of a possible return to the F1 grid next year.

Make sure to follow all of Friday’s Indy 500 ‘Carb Day’ action on NBCSN from Indianapolis

NBCSN
Leave a comment

It’s known as “Carburetor Day” – or in its simplest term, just “Carb Day.”

But the final day of on-track action Friday at Indianapolis Motor Speedway before Sunday’s 102nd Running of the Indianapolis 500 is so much more.

Especially on NBCSN, which will have wall-to-wall live coverage starting Friday morning.

Here’s how Friday’s schedule breaks down:

  • 11 a.m. ET: Carb Day kicks off with the final practice for Sunday’s Indy 500. The session will last one hour in length.
  • 12 p.m. ET: We’re going racing! Strap in for coverage of the Indy Lights’ Freedom 100 on the famous Brickyard.
  • 1:30 p.m. ET: We’ll have coverage of the annual IndyCar Pit Stop Challenge. Which teams have the best – and most importantly, fastest and accurate – pit crews? Team Penske has won 10 of the last 12, including the last two years edging out Schmidt Peterson Motorsports each time. Who can potentially beat them this year?
  • 3:30 p.m. ET: We’ll have our annual Motorsports Special. Among segments included will be:

    1) 2016 Indy 500 winner Alexander Rossi will discuss how it used to upset him when people suggested he “backed into” his big win and how he didn’t really feel vindicated until he qualified on the front row for last year’s race.
    2) Defending 500 winner Takuma Sato, the first Japanese driver to ever win at Indianapolis, discusses the impact of his big win personally and professionally, particularly back in his native land.
    3) An essay by Robin Miller on Stefan Wilson giving up his ride last year to allow Fernando Alonso to race for Andretti Autosport.

Check your local listings for replay times.

Follow @JerryBonkowski