The provisional calendar for the 2015 Moto GP season has been announced by Dorna today, featuring the same schedule as 2014 bar some minor date adjustments.
Once again, the premier world motorcycling series will enjoy an 18-round season, starting in Qatar at the end of March and finishing in Valencia, Spain in November.
In fact, Qatar is one of just two rounds to see its date change, being held one week later than in 2014 to reduce the three-week gap between the first and second races of the year.
The United States will host two Moto GP races as per 2014. The Grand Prix of the Americas will be held at the Circuit of the Americas in Austin, Texas on April 12th 2015, whilst Indianapolis’ road course will host a race on August 9th.
Besides Qatar, the only race to change its date is the Argentinian Grand Prix, which will now go back-to-back with Austin as the second and third rounds of the year.
The British Grand Prix moves away from Silverstone after five years. In the absence of the Circuit of Wales (which has a contract but is still to be constructed), the race returns to Donington Park.
2015 Moto GP World Championship provisional calendar
1. Grand Prix of Qatar 29th March
2. Grand Prix of the Americas 12th April
3. Argentinian Grand Prix 19th April
4. Spanish Grand Prix 3rd May
5. French Grand Prix 17th May
6. Italian Grand Prix 31st May
7. Grand Prix of Catalunya 14th June
8. Assen TT (Netherlands) 27th June
9. German Grand Prix 12th July
10. Grand Prix of Indianapolis 9th August
11. Grand Prix of the Czech Republic 16th August
12. British Grand Prix 30th August
13. San Marino Grand Prix 13th September
14. Aragon Grand Prix 27th September
15. Japanese Grand Prix 11th October
16. Australian Grand Prix 18th October
17. Malaysian Grand Prix 25th October
18. Grand Prix of Valencia 8th November