On Friday’s edition of NASCAR America (5 pm ET), we go hard and heavy into this Sunday’s Sprint Cup race at Dover, the race that will determine which four drivers of the 16-driver Chase for the Sprint Cup field are eliminated.
Dave Briggs and Kyle Petty hold down the fort from our Charlotte studios.
Here’s today’s show highlights:
- Qualifying is underway at Dover International Speedway for this weekend’s Sprint Cup cut race. We’ll bring you the final results and what it means for Sunday’s race.
- Brad Keselowski and Joey Logano have already punched their ticket to the next round of the Chase, while the next 5 drivers are very comfortable in the points standings. However, the remaining nine drivers are all in danger of missing the Chase. We hear from all nine of these bubble drivers today from the Dover track.
- One of these bubble drivers is 2013 Sprint Cup championship runner-up Matt Kenseth, who won seven races last season but has yet to reach victory lane thus far in 2014. There has been a history of hangovers the following season for Sprint Cup runner-ups. Could this be Kenseth’s issue?
- The Top 5 biggest wrecks in Dover History.
- Kyle Petty breaks down the intricacies of the Dover International Speedway, as well as revisits the Chase bracket to predict who will be left standing after Sunday’s elimination race.
If you’re not near a TV, you can CLICK HERE to stream NASCAR AMERICA online and on your mobile device through NBC Sports Live Extra.
If you plan to stream, be sure to have your username and password from your cable/satellite/telco provider handy so your subscription can be verified. Once you plug those pieces of information in, you’ll have access to the stream.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski