On Thursday’s edition of NASCAR America (LIVE from 5 to 5:30 pm ET), we will focus heavily on this weekend’s fourth race of the Chase for the Sprint Cup at Kansas Speedway.
Rick Allen and Kyle Petty are our in-studio hosts.
Here’s today’s show lineup:
- Kelli Stavast stopped by Hendrick Motorsports to report on the No. 24 team and why Jeff Gordon’s win at Kansas earlier this season should help the entire organization this weekend.
- Only one Roush Fenway Racing driver, Carl Edwards, advanced to the Contender Round. Marty Snider visited the RFR shop to report on if the overall organization will divert its attentions to ensuring success for the No. 99 car as the Chase progresses.
- The three Contender round tracks are Kansas Speedway, Charlotte Motor Speedway and Talladega Superspeedway. With Talladega being one of the biggest wildcard tracks on the circuit, is the Contender Round ripe for an upset win?
- Kyle Petty breaks down the track nuances of Kansas Speedway, while Parker Kligerman uses the NBC Sports iRacing Simulator to show us the best lines around the oval.
- Eli Gold takes us on a tour of the history of auto racing in the Sunflower State in our State by State feature.
- The Top 5 Moments in Kansas Speedway history.
If you’re not near a TV, you can CLICK HERE to stream NASCAR AMERICA online and on your mobile device through NBC Sports Live Extra.
If you plan to stream, be sure to have your username and password from your cable/satellite/telco provider handy so your subscription can be verified. Once you plug those pieces of information in, you’ll have access to the stream.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski