Report: David Ragan looks to renew deal to stay with Front Row Motorsports

1 Comment

Like baseball announcer and former major league catcher Bob Uecker, David Ragan likes being in the Front Row – Front Row Motorsports, that is.

And according to a report by PopularSpeed.com’s Matt Weaver, Ragan hopes to soon reach agreement on a new contract to remain with the Ford-powered team.

“I haven’t finalized anything with the team yet but we’re working on it,” Ragan told Weaver. “We’ve got to get the sponsors lined up. The owners have to get their budgets sorted and the drivers are usually the last things to come together.

“Hopefully, over the next few weeks, we’ll get that sorted. I would definitely love to be back.”

Up until last week, Ragan – who is in the third and final year of his current contract with FRM – had been rumored to be headed to Richard Petty Motorsports to replace Marcos Ambrose in the No. 9 car. But that coveted ride ultimately went to Sam Hornish Jr.

“I had my contract coming up at the end of the year and we haven’t talked a whole lot about the 2015 season,” Ragan told Popular Speed. “My goal was to get myself in a real good competitive situation and I didn’t have a contract and I showed them (RPM) some interest, but that’s it.”

The 28-year-old Ragan came to Front Row Racing in 2012 after his contract was not renewed by Roush Fenway Racing due to a lack of sponsorship.

Ragan has two career Sprint Cup wins, one with RFR (2011 Coke Zero 400 at Daytona) and for FRM (2013 spring race at Talladega).

Follow me @JerryBonkowski

IndyCar entry lists for Harvest GP at Indianapolis Motor Speedway

IndyCar entry lists Indianapolis
Chris Graythen/Getty Images
Leave a comment

There are 25 drivers on the NTT IndyCar Series entry lists at Indianapolis Motor Speedway road course with a few new yet familiar faces for the Oct. 2-3 race weekend.

Four-time champion Sebastien Bourdais will make his season debut in the No. 14 Dallara-Chevrolet (shifting Dalton Kellett to the No. 41) with AJ Foyt Racing, which he is joining full time next season. James Hinchcliffe, who had run three races with Andretti Autosport, will return in place of Zach Veach in the No. 26 Dallara-Honda. Helio Castroneves will drive Arrow McLaren SP’s No. 7 Dallara-Chevy for Oliver Askew, who is out with concussion-like symptoms.

Sage Karam, who has two IndyCar starts this year at IMS (the road course on July 4 and the Indy 500 on Aug. 23), also will return to the series in Dreyer & Reinbold’s No. 24 Dallara-Chevrolet.

HARVEST GP ENTRY LISTS: Friday l Saturday

Friday and Saturday of the Harvest GP presented by GMR will mark the second and third races this season on Indianapolis Motor Speedway’s 14-turn, 2.439-mile road course. While the July 4 race on the circuit was 80 laps, Friday’s distance is 85 laps, and Saturday will be a 75-lap event.

Championship leader Scott Dixon led 26 of 80 laps to win the July 4 race at the IMS road course. With three races remaining in the series, the five-time series champion enters with a 72-point lead on Josef Newgarden.

Click here to see who’s on the IndyCar entry lists in Race 1 and in Race 2 for the Harvest GP presented by GMR at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway road course.


START TIMES AND TV INFO FOR INDYCAR AT INDIANAPOLIS MOTOR SPEEDWAY ROAD COURSE (all times ET):

Thursday

IndyCar NTT Series practice: 2:25-3:40 p.m., NBC Sports Gold

IndyCar qualifying, Race 1: 6:20 p.m. (two groups/12 minutes apiece), NBC Sports Gold

Friday

—IndyCar Harvest Grand Prix, Race 1: 3:30 p.m. (green flag, 5 p.m.), USA Network, NBC Sports Gold

Saturday

—IndyCar qualifying: 10:20 a.m. (two groups/12 minutes apiece), NBC Sports Gold

—IndyCar Harvest Grand Prix, Race 2: 2:30 p.m (green flag, 2:31 p.m.)., NBC, NBC Sports Gold