On Thursday’s edition of NASCAR America (live from 5 to 5:30 pm ET), Carolyn Manno and Frank Stoddard hold down the fort from our Charlotte studios, while Jeff Burton hangs out at the appropriately named “Burton’s Garage.”
Here’s what’s on tap for today’s show:
- The second elimination race of the Chase for the Sprint Cup is Sunday at Talladega Superspeedway. After the race, eight drivers will advance to the penultimate segment, the Eliminator Round, and four drivers will be eliminated from title contention.
- Everyone in the field has a shot at a winning Sunday at ‘Dega. That makes the task even more difficult for those Chase drivers on the brink of elimination (Brad Keselowski, Jimmie Johnson and Dale Earnhardt Jr.) that NEED the victory to advance. We’ll discuss what the strategy will be for these drivers.
- We analyze the clinching scenarios the Chase drivers that can book their spot into the next round with solid finishes in Talladega.
- Kelli Stavast travelled to Joe Gibbs Racing’s shop to discuss what’s at stake for the JGR drivers and how big of a boost it would be if all three – Denny Hamlin, Matt Kenseth and Kyle Busch – advance to the Eliminator round.
- We take a tour through the racing history of the state of Alabama with legendary NASCAR broadcast, Eli Gold, in our State by State segment.
- This Sunday’s race at Talladega will be the 890th career, and possibly final, Sprint Cup start for two-time champion Terry Labonte. As Labonte will be driving the No. 32 for Frank Stoddard’s team, Frank and Jeff discuss their relationships with Terry over the years and what his lasting legacy on the sport will be.
If you’re not near a TV, you can CLICK HERE to stream NASCAR AMERICA online and on your mobile device through NBC Sports Live Extra.
If you plan to stream, be sure to have your username and password from your cable/satellite/telco provider handy so your subscription can be verified. Once you plug those pieces of information in, you’ll have access to the stream.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski