The first race of the Eliminator round is on tap this weekend, and NASCAR AMERICA will preview the action from Martinsville tonight at 5 p.m. ET on NBCSN.
In case you can’t be near a TV, you can also STREAM IT online and on your mobile device through NBC Sports Live Extra.
Here’s what is on tap for today’s show, with Dave Briggs and Kyle Petty in studio:
- The first race of the Eliminator Round, the penultimate segment of the Chase, is this Sunday at the half mile short track of Martinsville Speedway. Only 8 Chase drivers remain and a win in any of the next three races will guarantee a spot in the Championship race at Homestead in 4 weeks.
- Team Penske makes up 25% of the remaining Chase drivers, but wins in 3 of the last 4 races mean they have 80% of the momentum heading into the Eliminator Round. Our Marty Snider travelled to the Team Penske race shop in Mooresville, NC, to report on how Joey Logano and Brad Keselowski plan to work together over the next three races so that each can advance to the Championship race in Miami.
- Virginia native Denny Hamlin has an impressive record at Martinsville Speedway, with 4 wins and 13 top-10’s in 17 Sprint Cup starts at the Virginia track. Our Jason Weigandt travelled to the Joe Gibbs Racing shop in Huntersville, NC, to talk with Hamlin’s crew chief, Darian Grubb, on how the driver of the #11 will use his past experiences this Sunday to land a solid Chase result.
- The Top 5 moments in Martinsville Speedway history.
- Tomorrow marks a tragic ten year anniversary for the Hendrick family and the entire sport of NASCAR. On October 24, 2004, a private aircraft owned by Hendrick Motorsports crashed on their way to the Cup race in Martinsville, killing all aboard, including several members of the Hendrick family. We look back on a day that changed everything for one of racing’s most beloved families
If you plan to stream, be sure to have your username and password from your cable/satellite/telco provider handy so your subscription can be verified. Once you plug those pieces of information in, you’ll have access to the stream.
Again, CLICK HERE at 5 p.m. ET to watch NBCSN’s NASCAR AMERICA.