NASCAR: Elliott Sadler jumping to Roush for 2015 XFINITY Series season

2 Comments

Elliott Sadler will be switching teams and dropping a 1 for his 2015 NASCAR XFINITY Series campaign.

Sadler, the former Sprint Cup veteran that has competed full-time in NASCAR’s No. 2 national series for the past four years, will bring his OneMain Financial backing to the No. 1 Roush Fenway Racing Ford Fusion – ending a two-year run in the No. 11 Joe Gibbs Racing Toyota.

OneMain will serve as a full sponsor for Sadler in all 33 XFINITY races next season. The company had previously backed Roush Fenway’s Nationwide Series efforts from 2008 to 2010.

“It’s great to have OneMain Financial back on board,” said Roush Fenway president Steve Newmark in a release. “They are a first-class organization from top to bottom, a leader in their field and one of the most respected organizations in their industry. We enjoyed a great partnership in the past, and we look forward to reigniting that relationship moving forward next season.

“We are also very excited about what Elliott Sadler brings to our driver lineup. He is a seasoned veteran and a winner on the track.  He brings a reputation as a fierce competitor and I know that our entire organization, and particularly his Roush Fenway teammates in the NASCAR XFINITY Series, Chris Buescher and Ryan Reed, will benefit from his experience next season.”

As for Sadler, his move to Roush will bring about a reunion in several ways.

Much of Sadler’s Cup career was spent behind the wheel of a Ford, with full-time stints driving for Blue Oval stalwarts like the Wood Brothers, Robert Yates Racing, and Richard Petty Motorsports after that team left the Dodge camp in 2010.

Since transitioning full-time to the Nationwide Series, Sadler has driven Chevrolets for Kevin Harvick and Richard Childress in addition to his current Toyota ride with JGR.

Sadler has finished second, second, and fourth in the Nationwide championship in 2011, 2012, and 2013 respectively. He currently sits fourth in this year’s standings on the strength of a spring win at Talladega and 22 Top-10 finishes.

Ken Roczen signs with HEP Progressive Ecstar Suzuki for 2023

Roczen Progressive Ecstar Suzuki
Align Media
0 Comments

ANAHEIM, California – Ken Roczen will make the move from HRC Honda to H.E.P. Motorsports with the Progressive Ecstar Suzuki team, ending a long and eventful offseason that saw his split from his longstanding team after he committed to running World Supercross (WSX).

“H.E.P. Motorsports is thrilled to announce that the team has signed Ken Roczen as its premier rider for the 2023 season,” the team announced on Instagram. “Former AMA Motocross champion Roczen will be aboard a Suzuki RM-Z450. Roczen, who won his most recent championship on a Suzuki, will be reunited with the brand and bring his exciting style, determination, and grit back to the RM Army.

“Ken Roczen will compete in the upcoming 2023 Supercross and Motocross Championship series which is set to start on January 7 at Anaheim Stadium in Southern California.”

For Roczen, it is a return to the bike of his youth and on which he had some of his greatest professional success.

“This thing has been going on for weeks and weeks and weeks in the making, but there was so much uncertainty,” Roczen told NBC Sports during Monster Energy Supercross Media Sessions. “It was a very unique situation. I just finally signed two nights ago, so it’s really only legit once the ink hits the paper. It’s been in the works for a long time, but there were just a lot of questions and a lot of input from a lot of other teams too.

“Good things take time, and I’m okay with that. I grew up riding Suzuki. Ot’s like a homecoming. It’s a special feeling”

Roczen won the 2016 Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship on a Suzuki before making the move to Honda. That year he won nine of 12 Nationals and finished no worse than second as he easily outpaced Eli Tomac by 86 points. He finished third in his next Pro Motocross outing in 2018 after sitting out the outdoor season in 2017.

“I am beyond excited to reconnect with Suzuki for the 3rd time in my career. We’ve had a lot of success in the past and I’m looking forward to seeing what we can accomplish together in our future.” Roczen said in the Instagram post.