Penalties have been handed out – albeit to crews rather than drivers – in the wake of the post-race altercation at Texas Motor Speedway. Today’s NASCAR AMERICA will recap the penalties and then some.
You can watch it today at 5 p.m. ET on NBCSN or STREAM IT online and on your mobile device through NBC Sports Live Extra.
On tap for today’s show, with airs for a half-hour with Carolyn Manno and Kyle Petty in-studio:
- Robin Pemberton, NASCAR Vice President of Competition and Racing Development will call in to discuss the penalties handed down yesterday, following the post-race melee in Texas on Sunday.
- Our Marty Snider travelled to the Hendrick Motorsports Race shop in Concord, NC, to chat with Hendrick Motorsports EVP and General Manager, Doug Duchardt, about the team’s reaction to the penalties issues by NASCAR and what the team needs to do this weekend at Phoenix to give Jeff Gordon a shot at Championship title number 5.
- Kevin Harvick won the spring race at Phoenix earlier this season, and the driver of the #4 is still in the hunt for his first career Sprint Cup Championship. We’ll discuss if Harvick the man to beat this weekend at Phoenix.
- Our Parker Kligerman hops into the NBCSN Race Simulator to show us the fastest way to get around Phoenix International Raceway.
- In the last few weeks, Brad Keselowski has been viewed as the number one villain of NASCAR. We go back through time to discuss some of the other drivers that have worn the black hat of NASCAR
If you plan to stream, be sure to have your username and password from your cable/satellite/telco provider handy so your subscription can be verified. Once you plug those pieces of information in, you’ll have access to the stream.
Again, CLICK HERE at 5 p.m. ET to watch NBCSN’s NASCAR AMERICA.