The Indy Lights Presented by Cooper Tires field continues to grow with news Juncos Racing is back in the championship for a second go-’round, this time with a full-season two-car effort. The team ran a partial season in 2012.
Pro Mazda champion Spencer Pigot will move up with Juncos and be joined by his Pro Mazda teammate Kyle Kaiser. They’ll drive the No. 12 and 18 entries, respectively, of the new Dallara IL15 chassis.
“I’m very happy to rejoin Juncos Racing for the 2015 season,” Pigot said in a release. “We worked really well together last year and were able to achieve a lot of success so I hope we can build on that in 2015. It’s a very exciting time to be moving up to Indy Lights with the new car. It looks great and I can’t wait to drive it. It will be my third season as a Mazda scholarship driver and I can’t thank everyone at Mazda enough for this opportunity along with my other supporters. The first test is coming up soon so we’ll be working hard in the shop to make sure we hit the ground running.”
Added Kaiser, “I am thrilled to be moving up to Indy Lights and be among the first Mazda Road to Indy drivers to test and race the new Dallara IL-15. This is a unique opportunity to be learning all the nuances of the new car at the same time as the other teams, which will be a true test of our feedback and setup skills. Juncos is like a second home, so it’s fantastic that we were able to keep the same synergy within the team for the Indy Lights series.”
The pair are the third and fourth drivers announced for next year’s Indy Lights series; Felix Serralles (Belardi) and Ethan Ringel (Schmidt Peterson) have also been confirmed.
ANAHEIM, California – Ken Roczen will make the move from HRC Honda to H.E.P. Motorsports with the Progressive Ecstar Suzuki team, ending a long and eventful offseason that saw his split from his longstanding team after he committed to running World Supercross (WSX).
“H.E.P. Motorsports is thrilled to announce that the team has signed Ken Roczen as its premier rider for the 2023 season,” the team announced on Instagram. “Former AMA Motocross champion Roczen will be aboard a Suzuki RM-Z450. Roczen, who won his most recent championship on a Suzuki, will be reunited with the brand and bring his exciting style, determination, and grit back to the RM Army.
“Ken Roczen will compete in the upcoming 2023 Supercross and Motocross Championship series which is set to start on January 7 at Anaheim Stadium in Southern California.”
For Roczen, it is a return to the bike of his youth and on which he had some of his greatest professional success.
“This thing has been going on for weeks and weeks and weeks in the making, but there was so much uncertainty,” Roczen told NBC Sports during Monster Energy Supercross Media Sessions. “It was a very unique situation. I just finally signed two nights ago, so it’s really only legit once the ink hits the paper. It’s been in the works for a long time, but there were just a lot of questions and a lot of input from a lot of other teams too.
“Good things take time, and I’m okay with that. I grew up riding Suzuki. Ot’s like a homecoming. It’s a special feeling”
Roczen won the 2016 Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship on a Suzuki before making the move to Honda. That year he won nine of 12 Nationals and finished no worse than second as he easily outpaced Eli Tomac by 86 points. He finished third in his next Pro Motocross outing in 2018 after sitting out the outdoor season in 2017.
“I am beyond excited to reconnect with Suzuki for the 3rd time in my career. We’ve had a lot of success in the past and I’m looking forward to seeing what we can accomplish together in our future.” Roczen said in the Instagram post.