Will Stevens to make F1 debut for Caterham in Abu Dhabi

0 Comments

ABU DHABI – British racer Will Stevens will make his Formula 1 debut this weekend for Caterham in place of Marcus Ericsson who terminated his contract with the team earlier this month.

Stevens had been a member of Caterham’s junior programme when the team was under its previous ownership, but joined Marussia as a reserve driver when Tony Fernandes sold the team.

He had been due to take part in FP1 at the Japanese Grand Prix earlier this year for Marussia, only for a delay in the paperwork to force him onto the sidelines for the weekend.

However, following the collapse and closure of Marussia, and the unlikely revival of Caterham ahead of this weekend’s Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, Stevens will now make his F1 debut on Sunday at Yas Marina.

“I’m absolutely thrilled to be getting this opportunity and am very grateful to everyone involved at Caterham F1 Team for giving it to me,” Stevens said.

“I feel ready for the challenge of my F1 debut and look forward to working as part of the team in a race environment after all the work we’ve done together previously in the tests I’ve completed and back at Leafield in the sim. Hopefully this will be something we will be able to carry through to the 2015 season together.”

Caterham returns in Abu Dhabi this weekend after missing races in the United States and Brazil due to its financial struggles. The team entered administration following the Russian Grand Prix, but has been brought back into action by the administrators put in charge, led by Finbarr O’Connell.

Stevens will race alongside regular driver Kamui Kobayashi for Caterham in Abu Dhabi.

Ken Roczen signs with HEP Progressive Ecstar Suzuki for 2023

Roczen Progressive Ecstar Suzuki
Align Media
0 Comments

ANAHEIM, California – Ken Roczen will make the move from HRC Honda to H.E.P. Motorsports with the Progressive Ecstar Suzuki team, ending a long and eventful offseason that saw his split from his longstanding team after he committed to running World Supercross (WSX).

“H.E.P. Motorsports is thrilled to announce that the team has signed Ken Roczen as its premier rider for the 2023 season,” the team announced on Instagram. “Former AMA Motocross champion Roczen will be aboard a Suzuki RM-Z450. Roczen, who won his most recent championship on a Suzuki, will be reunited with the brand and bring his exciting style, determination, and grit back to the RM Army.

“Ken Roczen will compete in the upcoming 2023 Supercross and Motocross Championship series which is set to start on January 7 at Anaheim Stadium in Southern California.”

For Roczen, it is a return to the bike of his youth and on which he had some of his greatest professional success.

“This thing has been going on for weeks and weeks and weeks in the making, but there was so much uncertainty,” Roczen told NBC Sports during Monster Energy Supercross Media Sessions. “It was a very unique situation. I just finally signed two nights ago, so it’s really only legit once the ink hits the paper. It’s been in the works for a long time, but there were just a lot of questions and a lot of input from a lot of other teams too.

“Good things take time, and I’m okay with that. I grew up riding Suzuki. Ot’s like a homecoming. It’s a special feeling”

Roczen won the 2016 Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship on a Suzuki before making the move to Honda. That year he won nine of 12 Nationals and finished no worse than second as he easily outpaced Eli Tomac by 86 points. He finished third in his next Pro Motocross outing in 2018 after sitting out the outdoor season in 2017.

“I am beyond excited to reconnect with Suzuki for the 3rd time in my career. We’ve had a lot of success in the past and I’m looking forward to seeing what we can accomplish together in our future.” Roczen said in the Instagram post.