Kurt Busch sponsor supports him ‘110 percent’ in dispute with ex-girlfriend

1 Comment

Kurt Busch has received more support in his ongoing he said/she said dispute with former girlfriend Patricia Driscoll, which wrapped up two days of testimony on Wednesday in Kent County (Del.) Family Court.

When the dispute first became public early last month, Stewart Haas Racing team co-owner Gene Haas said he was “not concerned” based on what information and facts he knew at the time and maintained his support of Busch.

Busch remains an active driver and member of the SHR organization.

“He’ll be in the car until someone else pulls him out,” Haas said Nov. 9 after news of Driscoll’s claim that Busch physically abused her came to light. “I’m not pulling him out.”

The case remains an active investigation by Dover (Del.) police. The family court arbitrator’s decision on whether to grant Driscoll an order of protection against Busch, or whether the arbitrator will recommend any action against Busch, remains to be seen.

Now, in addition to Haas, one of the driver’s sponsors is also backing him implicitly.

Panic Switch Army clothing brand CEO Luke Burrett said he’s “gotten to know (Busch and Driscoll) over the years” and “we support Kurt 110 percent on this case,” according to USA Today.

“There’s been a lot of allegations,” Burrett continued. “We know Kurt on a personal and business level.

“I know him as a human being, and I know what he’s capable of doing and what he’s not capable of doing, and we support Kurt all the way to the end on this. We’re not going to go anywhere. It’s not going to change what we’re doing.”

Burrett admitted his company’s sales have felt somewhat of an impact from the Busch-Driscoll situation.

“Has it affected our business? Yeah, of course it’s affected our business,” he said. “Anytime you get an allegation of abuse, it’s going to affect everybody’s business until it’s cleared up.”

NASCAR chairman Brian France said a month ago that the sanctioning body will let the investigation play out before any action, if needed, is taken.

Follow me @JerryBonkowski

Conor Daly honors friend killed Saturday amid Indianapolis unrest

Chris Graythen/Getty Images
Leave a comment

IndyCar driver Conor Daly posted a poignant tribute to Chris Beaty, a former Indiana University football player and Indianapolis business owner who was killed Saturday amid protests and rioting in the city.

Daly said he got to know Beaty, who owned an event and marketing promotions company, five years ago when he was organizing Indianapolis 500 afterparties.

Daly annually had been involved in Beaty’s parties since then and said Beaty helped get him home earlier this year when Daly’s blood sugar crashed while at an event.

TAKING A STAND: Lewis Hamilton speaks out on racial strife

“The world lost a tremendous person. RIP Chris Beaty,” wrote Daly, who also tweeted “The violence has to stop.”

According to the Indianapolis Star, Beaty died after suffering multiple gunshot wounds during Saturday night’s unrest in downtown Indianapolis. It’s unclear if the shooting was tied to the protests.

Graham Rahal also posted about his interaction with Beaty.

Daly, Rahal and the rest of the IndyCar Series will return to action Saturday night at Texas Motor Speedway (8 p.m. ET, NBC).