A busy off-season continues for TriStar Motorsports, which announced several personnel changes to the growing four-team Xfinity Series operation.
Here’s a rundown of who’s new, who has returned and who will have new duties for the 2015 season, per a team media release:
* Former TriStar general manager Keith Barnwell has returned to the team as the new Executive Vice President of Motorsports for 2015. Barnwell has a Daytona 500 and Brickyard 400 win as a spotter for Jamie McMurray in addition to two XFINITY Series Championships.
* NASCAR veteran Rick Viers joins as the organization’s new general manager. Viers has a long and colorful history as both a crew chief and tire changer. He was with Harry Gant when he won four races in a row, as well as was part of Dale Earnhardt’s team when he won the Brickyard 400.
* Bruce Cook is the new crew chief for the No. 8 Toyota Camry driven by Blake Koch. Cook’s previous career stops include JR Motorsports, Roush Fenway Racing and Kevin Harvick Inc.
* Veteran crew chief Wes Ward moves to a new role as shop foreman. Among drivers Ward worked with previously as a crew chief are Kasey Kahne, Brad Keselowski and NASCAR Hall of Famer Dale Jarrett.
* Eddie Pardue is the new crew chief for Cale Conley’s No. 14 Toyota Camry for 2015. Pardue was previously TriStar’s competition director. Pardue’s previous crew chief stints included working with Greg Biffle, Matt Kenseth and the late Jason Leffler.
* NASCAR Veteran Mike Bliss extends his partnership with TriStar Motorsports for a fifth straight season. Paul Clapprood returns as Bliss’ crew chief. The pair come into 2015 with 133 starts together.
* Greg Conner remains as crew chief for the No. 44 Toyota Camry for a third straight season. Announcements of who will drive the No. 44, as well as sponsorship, is expected to be announced in the next few weeks.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski