NASCAR: Brad Keselowski’s Truck Series team finalizes lineups for 2015

Leave a comment

After almost capturing a NASCAR Camping World Truck Series title last year, Brad Keselowski Racing will look to continue their momentum in 2015 with Tyler Reddick as its new full-time driver.

Reddick, the 19-year-old Californian, is taking over the appropriately numbered No. 19 Ford F-150. He made 16 starts in that very machine last season, earning two pole positions, three Top-5s, and nine Top-10s (best finish of fourth; Chicagoland, Talladega, and Texas).

All three of his Top-5s and seven of his nine Top-10s occurred during the last eight races of the season.

BKR’s No. 29 Ford will also run the full schedule in 2015. But it will go for the Truck Series’ owner’s championship after Ryan Blaney drove it to second in last season’s driver’s standings.

The four-driver rotation for the No. 29 includes Blaney, who will compete on a part-time basis in Sprint Cup for the Wood Brothers in 2015.

Also in the rotation are former Cup Series champion Keselowski, his Cup Series teammate Joey Logano, and young gun Austin Theriault.

Theriault returns to BKR after running in its developmental program back in 2012 and 2013. He will get the majority of seat time in the No. 29, as the team says he’ll be running 13 of the 23 events.

“One of the things I wanted to do at BKR is give talented young drivers an opportunity,” said Keselowski. “Both Tyler and Austin are perfect examples of what I’m trying to accomplish.

“We saw a lot of improvement with Tyler in 2014. He really stepped up his game during the second half of the season and I certainly think he can compete for wins and challenge for a championship in 2015. Austin was part of our driver development program, so for him to have an opportunity to drive for us in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series is pretty special.”

BKR has retained sponsorship support from Cooper Standard (No. 29), as well as Broken Bow Records and Cequent Performance’s group of companies (No. 19). Doug Randolph will guide Reddick as his crew chief, while Chad Kendrick will lead the No. 29’s formidable quartet.

Mike Tirico and Danica Patrick team up again on NBC’s Indy 500 coverage

Danica Patrick Mike Tirico
Stephen King/IndyCar
Leave a comment

Mike Tirico and Danica Patrick will return to NBC Sports’ coverage of the Indianapolis 500, which will be broadcast Aug. 23 at 1 p.m. ET on NBC (green flag at 2:30 p.m.).

Tirico and Patrick, who both joined NBC Sports for its inaugural coverage of the event last year, will reprise their roles as host and studio analyst.

One of the most versatile voices in sports, Tirico also hosts NBC Olympics’ primetime coverage, Football Night in America and many other premier events, including hosting on-site at Indianapolis Motor Speedway earlier this year for the first-ever IndyCar-NASCAR crossover weekend.

AT THE BRICKYARD: Daily Indy 500 coverage schedule on NBC, NBCSN

He again will be joined during prerace, in-race, and postrace coverage by Patrick, who became the first woman to lead the Indy 500 in 2005 and also was the first female pole-sitter in NASCAR driver.

They will make their debut together duing practice coverage on Aug. 21, on NBCSN.

“My first Indy 500 last year exceeded my very high expectations in every way,” Tirico said in a release. “Although this year’s race will take place under unprecedented circumstances, I can’t wait to get back to Indy. I’m confident that our team at the Brickyard will provide viewers with as exciting a viewing experience as possible. I am also thrilled that Danica Patrick is along for the ride again this year. We had such a great time last May and look forward to bringing Indy home for the viewers again.”

Said Patrick: “The Indianapolis 500 is an event that transcends mainstream and motorsports which is why it’s so special. We are living during a time that if we can bring people together, we should. Even if it’s not physically. I am honored to be back with the NBC Sports team and Mike Tirico. The memories I have from 15 years at IMS hold such a special place in my heart and I can’t wait to make more this year in the booth, or however we are positioned in 2020!”

This will mark NBC Sports’ second season as the exclusive home of the NTT IndyCar Series, including the Indianapolis 500, which will take place in August for the first time ever because of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.