What’s behind doors No. 1, 2 and 3:
Will it be a Dodge Challenger (or Charger) HellCat R/T? A Toyota Camry? Or maybe a Chevrolet Camaro?
After waiting for more than two months and wading through seemingly an endless number of rumors, come Thursday we will finally find out what car manufacturer and make 16-time NHRA Funny Car champion John Force will align himself and his team with for 2015 and beyond.
Force has called a major news teleconference for 1:30 pm ET on Thursday in which a media release from the team said will include “John Force Racing executives and new sponsor executives announcing multi-year major sponsorship agreement.”
NHRA president Tom Compton is also expected to be on the conference call.
A source told MST Wednesday afternoon that Force will indeed reveal his new manufacturer Thursday.
With the season-opening Winternationals set to open Feb. 6 at Auto Club Raceway in Pomona, Calif., Force’s fans (and media) have been anxiously waiting to find out what manufacturer and brand of car he, daughter Courtney and team president/son-in-law Robert Hight will campaign on their Funny Cars in 2015.
Force ended long relationships with primary sponsor Castrol Oil (30 years) and manufacturer Ford (nearly 20 years) at the end of last season.
Both companies had previously announced they would re-allocate some of their resources in 2015 to other racing series or in another direction other than motorsports.
Force already announced one primary corporate sponsor at the NHRA World Finals in early November. PEAK Antifreeze will be the primary sponsor on Force’s car for the majority of the 24-race NHRA schedule.
We’ll have a story about Thursday’s announcement as soon as it is made, so make sure you check back here at MotorSportsTalk.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski