Here is what’s on tap for today’s episode of NASCAR AMERICA at 5 p.m. ET on NBCSN and NBC Sports Live Extra for online/mobile devices:
· No doubt about it – Rico Abreu’s star has taken off over the last few days. On Saturday night, he won his first Chili Bowl and this morning, the sprint car standout was announced to run full-time in the 2015 NASCAR K&N Pro Series East championship. We’ll take a look at his incredible story.
· NBCSN’s Kelli Stavast stops by the Joe Gibbs Racing shop in North Carolina to speak with Darian Grubb, who will become crew chief for the incoming Carl Edwards this season. We’ll also hear from former crew chief/driver tandem Frank Stoddard and Jeff Burton about JGR’s shuffle atop their pit boxes and how it will affect the team.
· Our series of Top Storylines for 2015 continues with a focus on Hendrick Motorsports teammates Jimmie Johnson and Jeff Gordon. After a year that was not up to his high standards, can Johnson return to form and challenge for a record-tying seventh Sprint Cup? And can Gordon recover from last year’s Chase heartbreak to make one more run for his fifth title?
· With 33 days left until the Daytona 500, we’ll look back on Mario Andretti’s 1967 Daytona 500 victory. His win in the Great American Race would be the first step in earning his eventual distinction as the only driver ever to win the Daytona 500, the Indianapolis 500, and the Formula One World Championship.
· And last but not least, we’ll have a light-hearted Top-5 in store for you: The best on-track bloopers from 2014.
If you plan to stream, be sure to have your username and password from your cable/satellite/telco provider handy so your subscription can be verified. Once you plug those pieces of information in, you’ll have access to the stream.
Again, CLICK HERE at 5 p.m. ET to watch NASCAR AMERICA.