Raikkonen confident Ferrari is heading in the right direction

1 Comment

Kimi Raikkonen is confident that Scuderia Ferrari is heading in the right direction following a number of changes within the team over the winter and the arrival of a new regime at Maranello.

After a disastrous 2014 campaign that yielded just two podium finishes and not a single race win, a revolution took place at Ferrari as Luca di Montezemolo, Stefano Domenicali, Marco Mattiacci and Fernando Alonso were all forced out of the team.

Now, Ferrari is under new mangement with Mauricio Arrivabene joining as team principal, whilst four-time world champion Sebastian Vettel has been drafted in from Red Bull.

Raikkonen endured a miserable first year back at Ferrari in 2014, finishing 12th in the final drivers’ standings, but he feels that the team learned a lot from its difficulties.

“I think we learned a lot from last year,” Raikkonen said. “Sometimes you have bad years and it goes like that, everything seems to be a bit difficult.

“I re-understood a lot of things and hopefully we can turn things around and as a team be strong and get where we should be, little by little getting stronger.

“The way the team works has changed slightly from last year, and I think it’s the right direction. We know we have quite a lot of work to do, but I enjoy being with the people and being in the team.”

Today saw Ferrari launch its new car for the 2015 season, the SF15-T, and Raikkonen hopes that it will be as quick as it is beautiful.

“It looks different than last year’s car,” Raikkonen said. “What I’ve seen from all the data, for me at least, it looks good.

“Usually when it looks good it should be a pretty good car, but obviously we have to wait until we get testing to see how it is. First impression is good.”

Ken Roczen signs with HEP Progressive Ecstar Suzuki for 2023

Roczen Progressive Ecstar Suzuki
Align Media
0 Comments

ANAHEIM, California – Ken Roczen will make the move from HRC Honda to H.E.P. Motorsports with the Progressive Ecstar Suzuki team, ending a long and eventful offseason that saw his split from his longstanding team after he committed to running World Supercross (WSX).

“H.E.P. Motorsports is thrilled to announce that the team has signed Ken Roczen as its premier rider for the 2023 season,” the team announced on Instagram. “Former AMA Motocross champion Roczen will be aboard a Suzuki RM-Z450. Roczen, who won his most recent championship on a Suzuki, will be reunited with the brand and bring his exciting style, determination, and grit back to the RM Army.

“Ken Roczen will compete in the upcoming 2023 Supercross and Motocross Championship series which is set to start on January 7 at Anaheim Stadium in Southern California.”

For Roczen, it is a return to the bike of his youth and on which he had some of his greatest professional success.

“This thing has been going on for weeks and weeks and weeks in the making, but there was so much uncertainty,” Roczen told NBC Sports during Monster Energy Supercross Media Sessions. “It was a very unique situation. I just finally signed two nights ago, so it’s really only legit once the ink hits the paper. It’s been in the works for a long time, but there were just a lot of questions and a lot of input from a lot of other teams too.

“Good things take time, and I’m okay with that. I grew up riding Suzuki. Ot’s like a homecoming. It’s a special feeling”

Roczen won the 2016 Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship on a Suzuki before making the move to Honda. That year he won nine of 12 Nationals and finished no worse than second as he easily outpaced Eli Tomac by 86 points. He finished third in his next Pro Motocross outing in 2018 after sitting out the outdoor season in 2017.

“I am beyond excited to reconnect with Suzuki for the 3rd time in my career. We’ve had a lot of success in the past and I’m looking forward to seeing what we can accomplish together in our future.” Roczen said in the Instagram post.