The schedule for this year’s month of May at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway has been revealed on Tuesday.
Notable are the addition of a single test day for the first oval aero kit debut on May 3, the deletion of the Sunday practice a week later after the Angie’s List Grand Prix of Indianapolis as there was last year, and a change in time for opening day for the oval portion of the schedule on Monday, May 11.
The aero kit testing time was not announced. However on May 11, testing will run later in the day from 4 to 7 p.m. This gives the teams an extra day after the GPI race to prep their cars into oval specifications.
A post-qualifying practice on Monday, May 18, also returns for a second straight year.
Here is the full schedule, per IMS:
2015 Month of May schedule
- Saturday, May 2 OneAmerica 500 Festival Mini-Marathon, Rev: Methodist Health Foundation charity kick-off event at IMS
- Sunday, May 3 Opening Day – Verizon IndyCar Series oval test (aero kits debut)
- Thursday, May 7 Angie’s List Grand Prix of Indianapolis practice (free to the public)
- Friday, May 8 Angie’s List Grand Prix of Indianapolis qualifications
- Saturday, May 9 Angie’s List Grand Prix of Indianapolis Race Day
- May 11-14 Indianapolis 500 practice
- Friday, May 15 Indianapolis 500 practice – Fast Friday
- Saturday, May 16 Indianapolis 500 qualifications
- Sunday, May 17 Old National Armed Forces Pole Day
- Monday, May 18 Indianapolis 500 practice
- Wednesday, May 20 IMS Racing Experience & Fan Track Laps, Driver Community Day
- Thursday, May 21 Indy Lights practice and qualifications
- Friday, May 22 Coors Light Carb Day, Indianapolis 500 practice, Freedom 100 race, TAG Heuer Pit Stop Challenge, Coors Light Carb Day concert
- Saturday, May 23 Legends Day Honoring Al Unser presented by Firestone, Concert presented by Firestone
- Sunday, May 24 99th Indianapolis 500 Mile Race, Indy 500 Snake Pit presented by Miller Lite