It may not be a full week as NASCAR has for a full media tour, but nonetheless next Tuesday in Indianapolis should be a jam-packed day of press conferences at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
INDYCAR has broke the press conferences up by several categories – either by team, series or overall group.
Right now, 13 of the 19 confirmed drivers for the Verizon IndyCar Series season will be speaking, along with INDYCAR management leaders Mark Miles (CEO of Hulman & Co., INDYCAR’s parent company) and Derrick Walker (INDYCAR president of competition and operations).
The confirmed drivers include:
- Team Penske: Will Power, Juan Pablo Montoya, Helio Castroneves, Simon Pagenaud
- Chip Ganassi Racing: Scott Dixon, Tony Kanaan
- Andretti Autosport: Carlos Munoz, Marco Andretti, Ryan Hunter-Reay
- Schmidt Peterson Motorsports: James Hinchcliffe
- Bryan Herta Autosport: Gabby Chaves
- CFH Racing: Josef Newgarden
- Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing: Graham Rahal
Sage Karam, CGR development driver, is also listed as part of IndyCar’s “Next Generation” segment, which isn’t a confirmation per se but a strong hint of a potential team announcement to come regarding his status for this season.
Drivers confirmed but not currently listed to participate include:
- Chip Ganassi Racing: Charlie Kimball
- KVSH Racing: Sebastien Bourdais
- A.J. Foyt Enterprises: Takuma Sato, Jack Hawksworth
- CFH Racing: Ed Carpenter, Luca Filippi
Here’s the full schedule, via renowned Twitter link hound Matt Archuleta (@indy44):