Formula E: Scott Speed in at Andretti for Miami ePrix

0 Comments

Former F1 driver Scott Speed has been confirmed as Andretti’s second driver for the upcoming Formula E round in Miami on March 14.

Speed has been drafted in to replace Marco Andretti in the second seat at the team, partnering fellow Toro Rosso exile Jean-Eric Vergne for the fifth race of the inaugural FIA Formula E season.

Since making his last F1 start in 2007, Speed has raced in a number of categories including the NASCAR Sprint Cup and Global Rallycross, and recently had a seat fitting in preparation for a possible IndyCar test.

However, the Californian will now get a chance to impress for Andretti in Miami later this month, and is excited for what this opportunity may bring.

“It’s been so long since I raced an open-wheel car, I feel like I am getting ready for the first day of school – so much excitement!” Speed said.

“Having this opportunity with Andretti is amazing. It’s super cool to be able to race so many different types of cars within the team. I am anxious to get to Miami, and I am up for the challenge.”

Speed tested a Formula E car at Donington Park in England last year before the start of the season, and will be hoping to draw on this experience to impress in Miami.

French team e.dams currently leads the teams’ championship standings, with Andretti sitting in fourth place on 41 points ahead of the first of two home races for the American outfit.

Following the race in Miami, Formula E will remain on U.S. shores for the Long Beach ePrix on April 4.

Ken Roczen signs with HEP Progressive Ecstar Suzuki for 2023

Roczen Progressive Ecstar Suzuki
Align Media
0 Comments

ANAHEIM, California – Ken Roczen will make the move from HRC Honda to H.E.P. Motorsports with the Progressive Ecstar Suzuki team, ending a long and eventful offseason that saw his split from his longstanding team after he committed to running World Supercross (WSX).

“H.E.P. Motorsports is thrilled to announce that the team has signed Ken Roczen as its premier rider for the 2023 season,” the team announced on Instagram. “Former AMA Motocross champion Roczen will be aboard a Suzuki RM-Z450. Roczen, who won his most recent championship on a Suzuki, will be reunited with the brand and bring his exciting style, determination, and grit back to the RM Army.

“Ken Roczen will compete in the upcoming 2023 Supercross and Motocross Championship series which is set to start on January 7 at Anaheim Stadium in Southern California.”

For Roczen, it is a return to the bike of his youth and on which he had some of his greatest professional success.

“This thing has been going on for weeks and weeks and weeks in the making, but there was so much uncertainty,” Roczen told NBC Sports during Monster Energy Supercross Media Sessions. “It was a very unique situation. I just finally signed two nights ago, so it’s really only legit once the ink hits the paper. It’s been in the works for a long time, but there were just a lot of questions and a lot of input from a lot of other teams too.

“Good things take time, and I’m okay with that. I grew up riding Suzuki. Ot’s like a homecoming. It’s a special feeling”

Roczen won the 2016 Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship on a Suzuki before making the move to Honda. That year he won nine of 12 Nationals and finished no worse than second as he easily outpaced Eli Tomac by 86 points. He finished third in his next Pro Motocross outing in 2018 after sitting out the outdoor season in 2017.

“I am beyond excited to reconnect with Suzuki for the 3rd time in my career. We’ve had a lot of success in the past and I’m looking forward to seeing what we can accomplish together in our future.” Roczen said in the Instagram post.