Coletti signed to second KV Racing seat in IndyCar

1 Comment

Following his successful test at NOLA Motorsports Park last month, Monegasque GP2 veteran Stefano Coletti has been confirmed for the second Verizon IndyCar Series seat at KV Racing Technology alongside KVSH Racing driver Sebastien Bourdais.

A report from ItaliaRacing.net out Monday said Coletti would be en route to Indianapolis to prepare for what should be a hectic upcoming testing schedule, in advance of what would be a full season in the No. 4 KV Racing Technology Chevrolet.

The team has now confirmed the signing this morning.

“I’ve always wanted to race in IndyCar and have the opportunity to live overseas,” Coletti said in a team release. “It’s a great championship and the competition is very high!

“When I tested with KV Racing Technology at NOLA a few weeks ago, there was a great atmosphere and the whole team really welcomed me, so I can’t wait to get to Indianapolis and start working with the No. 4 crew and getting to know everyone better.

“It’s a great opportunity to be on the same team as a driver like Sebastien Bourdais who his very experienced, very quick and a nice person to work with. I couldn’t have asked for better for my rookie year! I really would like to thank Kevin Kalkhoven and Jimmy Vasser and also KVRT’s General Manager, Steve Moore, for making this possible and look forward to an exciting year with the team!”

KVSH Racing and KV Racing Technology will test at NOLA again on March 14, and then are en route to Barber Motorsports Park for IndyCar’s spring training session March 16-17. A further test at Sebring would follow after the track completes the Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring, which runs March 21.

Coletti spent parts of five seasons, including four full seasons, in GP2. He never won the title or finished better than fifth in the standings, but he did regularly beat his teammates, and won a total of seven races – including his last start at Abu Dhabi.

Now that Coletti has got the nod, it will leave either two or three seats left to fill for the season opener at St. Petersburg. Dale Coyne Racing is yet to confirm its two drivers, while Andretti Autosport has not officially confirmed its fourth car.

Ken Roczen signs with HEP Progressive Ecstar Suzuki for 2023

Roczen Progressive Ecstar Suzuki
Align Media
0 Comments

ANAHEIM, California – Ken Roczen will make the move from HRC Honda to H.E.P. Motorsports with the Progressive Ecstar Suzuki team, ending a long and eventful offseason that saw his split from his longstanding team after he committed to running World Supercross (WSX).

“H.E.P. Motorsports is thrilled to announce that the team has signed Ken Roczen as its premier rider for the 2023 season,” the team announced on Instagram. “Former AMA Motocross champion Roczen will be aboard a Suzuki RM-Z450. Roczen, who won his most recent championship on a Suzuki, will be reunited with the brand and bring his exciting style, determination, and grit back to the RM Army.

“Ken Roczen will compete in the upcoming 2023 Supercross and Motocross Championship series which is set to start on January 7 at Anaheim Stadium in Southern California.”

For Roczen, it is a return to the bike of his youth and on which he had some of his greatest professional success.

“This thing has been going on for weeks and weeks and weeks in the making, but there was so much uncertainty,” Roczen told NBC Sports during Monster Energy Supercross Media Sessions. “It was a very unique situation. I just finally signed two nights ago, so it’s really only legit once the ink hits the paper. It’s been in the works for a long time, but there were just a lot of questions and a lot of input from a lot of other teams too.

“Good things take time, and I’m okay with that. I grew up riding Suzuki. Ot’s like a homecoming. It’s a special feeling”

Roczen won the 2016 Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship on a Suzuki before making the move to Honda. That year he won nine of 12 Nationals and finished no worse than second as he easily outpaced Eli Tomac by 86 points. He finished third in his next Pro Motocross outing in 2018 after sitting out the outdoor season in 2017.

“I am beyond excited to reconnect with Suzuki for the 3rd time in my career. We’ve had a lot of success in the past and I’m looking forward to seeing what we can accomplish together in our future.” Roczen said in the Instagram post.