The entry lists for the season-opening weekend for the Mazda Road to Indy championships are now all out. Each of the Indy Lights Presented by Cooper Tires, Pro Mazda Championship Presented by Cooper Tires, and Cooper Tires USF2000 Championship Powered by Mazda.
News and notes on the entry lists for each series to follow:
INDY LIGHTS (Entry list)
- Max Chilton is listed in the second Carlin entry. The Englishman was due to test at the Prologue in FIA World Endurance Championship for Nissan’s LMP1 program this weekend, but Nissan has since withdrawn from the weekend. No word on whether this will be just for this race or future ones.
- Scott Hargrove (8Star Motorsports) and Matthew Brabham (Andretti Autosport) are the two others just confirmed for St. Pete only at the moment, but both are potential race winners and past USF2000 champions with Cape Motorsports with Wayne Taylor Racing.
- The field may grow by one from the 13 if Team Moore Racing can find a driver for one of its cars.
PRO MAZDA (Entry List)
- With Cooper Tires Winterfest champion Jack Aitken focusing on Europe this year, the field for Pro Mazda is a bit more wide-open heading into St. Petersburg.
- There’s 18 cars from seven teams. M1 Racing is the only single-car entry.
USF2000 (Entry List)
- There are 18 cars from 10 teams, including a number of series returnees mixed with several rookies.