INDYCAR has issued another aero kit update heading into Sunday’s Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach (4 p.m. ET, NBCSN).
The update is listed below:
INDYCAR announced today an update to the Verizon IndyCar Series car aerodynamic bodywork kits, effective for this weekend’s Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach.
INDYCAR will continue to be proactive in its review of aero kit performance.
- This process will be ongoing as INDYCAR is committed to delivering an entertaining on-track product throughout the Verizon IndyCar Series season.
- The first step in this process began with last week’s mandate of structural upgrades to both Chevrolet’s and Honda’s aero kit components and will continue as the season progresses and opportunities for improvements are identified.
- As a result of the ongoing development of aero kits, INDYCAR has requested the following actions:
- Chevrolet to add a tether to the winglets, or remove the winglets, from its front wing assembly.
- Honda to implement additional reinforcements to its rear wheel guards.
- These upgrades must be implemented prior to Sunday’s Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach.
Asked for comment by MotorSportsTalk, a Chevrolet spokesperson confirmed Chevrolet had no comment.