Williams reports 34m Euro loss for 2014; bullish on future finances

2 Comments

Williams Grand Prix Holdings PLC announced its financial results for last year, ending December 31, 2014. That’s the holding company for all Williams companies, including Williams Grand Prix Engineering Limited.

Given the team’s struggles in 2013 and with financial payout awarded the following year for the previous year’s performance, 2014 was always going to be a difficult year financially for the company.

The holding company announced a loss of 34.3m Euros, which was higher than its 11.9m Euro loss in 2013.

But that’s due to two factors. The new specification of cars that were produced last year contributed to higher costs, and there wasn’t as much additional revenue that came in.

Williams improved to finishing third in last year’s Constructor’s Championship and should have a substantial financial increase when its 2015 results are reported next year. Williams ranks third again this season through four Grands Prix, and trails only its manufacturer partner Mercedes and Ferrari.

“The decision to invest in the team has been more than validated, with a third place finish in the 2014 Constructors’ Championship, up from ninth in 2013,” group CEO Mike O’Driscoll said in a company release.

“Midway through 2013 we set out on an ambitious turnaround strategy to reinvigorate the Formula One team, create a strong and profitable Advanced Engineering business, and divest non-core activities.

“In 2014 we made very good progress against those objectives, investing significantly in people, facilities, and technology which we believe will provide a solid foundation for the future.”

More information on the financial results is listed here, via Williams’ official website.

Ken Roczen signs with HEP Progressive Ecstar Suzuki for 2023

Roczen Progressive Ecstar Suzuki
Align Media
0 Comments

ANAHEIM, California – Ken Roczen will make the move from HRC Honda to H.E.P. Motorsports with the Progressive Ecstar Suzuki team, ending a long and eventful offseason that saw his split from his longstanding team after he committed to running World Supercross (WSX).

“H.E.P. Motorsports is thrilled to announce that the team has signed Ken Roczen as its premier rider for the 2023 season,” the team announced on Instagram. “Former AMA Motocross champion Roczen will be aboard a Suzuki RM-Z450. Roczen, who won his most recent championship on a Suzuki, will be reunited with the brand and bring his exciting style, determination, and grit back to the RM Army.

“Ken Roczen will compete in the upcoming 2023 Supercross and Motocross Championship series which is set to start on January 7 at Anaheim Stadium in Southern California.”

For Roczen, it is a return to the bike of his youth and on which he had some of his greatest professional success.

“This thing has been going on for weeks and weeks and weeks in the making, but there was so much uncertainty,” Roczen told NBC Sports during Monster Energy Supercross Media Sessions. “It was a very unique situation. I just finally signed two nights ago, so it’s really only legit once the ink hits the paper. It’s been in the works for a long time, but there were just a lot of questions and a lot of input from a lot of other teams too.

“Good things take time, and I’m okay with that. I grew up riding Suzuki. Ot’s like a homecoming. It’s a special feeling”

Roczen won the 2016 Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship on a Suzuki before making the move to Honda. That year he won nine of 12 Nationals and finished no worse than second as he easily outpaced Eli Tomac by 86 points. He finished third in his next Pro Motocross outing in 2018 after sitting out the outdoor season in 2017.

“I am beyond excited to reconnect with Suzuki for the 3rd time in my career. We’ve had a lot of success in the past and I’m looking forward to seeing what we can accomplish together in our future.” Roczen said in the Instagram post.