Target won’t be the primary signage on Scott Dixon’s No. 9 Chip Ganassi Racing Teams Chevrolet this weekend in Toronto. Instead, Jurassic World will be.
See the release from CGR below:
Chip Ganassi Racing Teams (CGRT) announced today that three-time Verizon IndyCar Series Champion and former Indianapolis 500 Winner Scott Dixon will be sporting a special paint scheme featuring Jurassic World, the long-awaited next installment of Steven Spielberg’s groundbreaking Jurassic Park series from Universal Pictures and Amblin Entertainment, in Round 10 of the Verizon IndyCar Series this weekend at the Honda Indy Toronto (Sunday, 3 p.m. ET on NBCSN).
The No. 9 Jurassic World Chevrolet will hit the streets of downtown Toronto, Ontario, Canada June 12 for practice with Dixon behind the wheel, the same day the film is scheduled to open worldwide.
Notes of Interest:
- About Jurassic World: The story of Steven Spielberg’s original comes full circle as the park that was only a promise comes to life. Welcome to Jurassic World, a fully operational luxury resort off the coast of Costa Rica where 20,000 guests explore the wonder of Earth’s most magnificent living prehistoric marvels—of every shape and size—and interact up close with them every day.
When the massive and mysterious Indominus rex stages an escape and disappears into the jungle, order turns to mayhem and guests turn into prey. Dinosaurs escape into the open, skies and water to engage in an all-out war for survival, and no corner within the world’s greatest theme park is safe anymore.
Chris Pratt, Bryce Dallas Howard, Vincent D’Onofrio, Ty Simpkins, Nick Robinson, Omar Sy, BD Wong and Irrfan Khan star in the 3D epic action-adventure that is directed by Colin Trevorrow and based on characters created by Michael Crichton. The screenplay is by Rick Jaffa & Amanda Silver and Derek Connolly & Trevorrow, and the story is by Rick Jaffa & Amanda Silver. Frank Marshall and Patrick Crowley join the team as producers. www.jurassicworld.com
- Did You Know?
– Steven Spielberg hired director Colin Trevorrow to lens Jurassic World after he watched the director’s independent film, Safety Not Guaranteed. The very last scene in the movie clinched the deal for the legendary filmmaker. He actually jumped out of his seat when he saw it.
– Chris Pratt’s character, Owen, works with four Velociraptors in the film. Their names are Charlie, Echo, Blue and Delta.
– Because she’s at work when things run amok, Bryce Dallas Howard’s character, Claire, must spend the ENTIRE movie in high heels on the run from assets that have escaped.
– As a nod to the first film, Jake Johnson’s character, Lowery, wears a Jurassic Park T-shirt when you first see him.
- Dixon at Toronto: In 10 career Verizon IndyCar Series starts on the Streets of Toronto, Dixon has two wins, three podiums and seven top-five finishes. He swept the doubleheader weekend races in 2013, winning from the fifth starting position and pole position, respectively. Dixon has never qualified outside the top-10 and has only finished outside the top-10 twice in his career in Toronto.
- About Scott Dixon: The New Zealander holds sole possession of fifth place on the all-time Indy car wins list with 37 after posting wins at Long Beach and Texas this season. All but one of his 37 victories have come as a member of Chip Ganassi Racing Teams. Four-time Indianapolis 500 winner Al Unser is next on the list with 39 career wins. CGRT is a 10-time Verizon IndyCar Series Champion with 99 victories, 84 pole positions and four wins in the Indianapolis 500.
- Scott Dixon, Driver No. 9 Jurassic World Chevrolet: “The Toronto race weekend is always great because of the local fan interest and the excitement of the city. Carrying the Jurassic World paint scheme just adds to it. It’s a classic movie series with a massive following and the timing for running this livery in step with the movie release couldn’t be better. We’ve had some good runs recently at Toronto and I hope we can do our part again to make it a successful weekend for everyone involved.”