WEC: Bruni signs new multi-year deal with Ferrari

0 Comments

Ferrari has confirmed that GT driver Gianmaria Bruni will remain at Maranello for the foreseeable future after signing a new multi-year contract.

Bruni joined Ferrari’s GT racing division, AF Corse, back in 2009 after moving away from single seater racing.

Since then, he has won the GTE Pro class at the 24 Hours of Le Mans twice with the Italian marque, as well as winning every GT title in the three-year history of the FIA World Endurance Championship.

Bruni is widely considered to be one of the most talented GT racers on the planet, and he will continue to ply his trade with AF Corse following this new agreement.

“[Bruni] has signed a multi-year agreement with Maranello and so will remain one of the spearheads of the GT Competition department as well as a powerful international brand ambassador,” a statement from Ferrari read.

“We are delighted to continue working with Gimmi with whom we have had a relationship of great mutual trust for many years,” said head of Ferrari’s GT operations Antonello Coletta.

“It will be important having him with us next season as we have both a new car and an intense and ambitious programme whose primary aim is to return to winning form in the 24 Hours of Le Mans.”

Bruni was delighted to announce his new contract on Thursday ahead of the WEC’s resumption at the Nurburgring at the end of August.

“It is a great joy to continue racing with Ferrari,” Bruni said. “It’s a second family to me as well as being the world’s most prestigious manufacturer.

“We have some major challenges coming up. In late August, we go back to the track in the WEC to try to repeat our successes of 2014. Plus we’ll also be developing the GT project for the new 488 GTB for next season which is big news because of the turbo engine.”