Dillmann pleased with maiden Formula E outing

0 Comments

Tom Dillmann believes that he made the most of his maiden outing in an FIA Formula E car with Team Aguri at Donington Park earlier this week, but is unsure when he will get another opportunity to test.

Currently racing in Formula Renault 3.5, Dillmann was called up to test with Team Aguri at the first public running ahead of Formula E’s second season, starting in Beijing on October 17.

Dillmann managed to finish inside the top ten of the standings on both days of running at Donington Park despite having never tested the car before, and was pleased with the mileage that he managed to rack up.

“It was my first time in the car so it was about getting the mileage,” Dillmann told the series’ website. “I did one qualifying sim and then some race runs. It was a packed day, so we made the most of it.

“It went quite well. I spent the last four days with the team on the simulator at the workshop so they prepared me well. Of course it’s very different but I had no surprises today, it was as I expected.”

Dillmann admitted that he has no further tests with Team Aguri planned for the time being, with next week’s running being allocated to Nicolas Lapierre and Nathanael Berthon.

“I don’t know more at the moment,” Dillmann said. “It depends on what they do for next year, so we’ll have to see, but I enjoyed it.

“It was fun to go to 200kw in the afternoon and I wish we could do more laps like that. Of course it’s slower than anything I’ve raced before but it’s not easy to get a good time and when you are up against such good drivers and to compare yourself against a grid like that it makes it thrilling.”

Testing at Donington Park resumes on Monday, with four further days planned in the next two weeks.