MotoGP: Brno agrees new five-year contract to host Czech Grand Prix

0 Comments

Brno Circuit is set to remain on the MotoGP calendar until 2020 after agreeing a new five-year contract to host the Czech Grand Prix.

Despite being one of the most historic venues on the championship’s schedule and hosting more grands prix than any other venue bar Assen in the Netherlands, there had been some doubts about Brno’s MotoGP future beyond 2015.

However, ahead of today’s race, MotoGP rights holder Dorna announced that a new deal had been struck that ensures Brno will remain on the series’ calendar for the next five years.

“An agreement has been reached to ensure Brno remains on the calendar in 2016 and beyond,” a statement from the series read.

“MotoGP rights holder Dorna Sports SL reached a deal with the Czech authorities in order to secure the Czech GP’s presence on the FIM MotoGP World Championship calendar for at least the next five years.

“A joint effort of the Moravian government and the city of Brno will lead to the creation of a new body acting as the promoter of the event and working alongside Dorna Sports towards ensuring MotoGP return to the iconic Czech venue in 2016 and beyond.”

Dorna CEO Carmelo Ezpeleta was pleased to have secured the future of the Czech Grand Prix at Brno given its history and popularity.

“The Czech GP is one of the highlights of the championship as it has been on the calendar for 50 years and as we see this weekend again, it’s a very popular event,” Ezpeleta said.

“We are very happy to reach an agreement with the Czech authorities that will ensure the future of the Grand Prix in the Czech Republic for at least the next five years.”

“We’re proud to announce that Brno will host MotoGP again in 2016 and the four following years, thanks to the creation of a new public body involving the Meridional Moravia Government and the City of Brno,” added Czech minister for education, youth and sports Katerina Valachova.

Ken Roczen signs with HEP Progressive Ecstar Suzuki for 2023

Roczen Progressive Ecstar Suzuki
Align Media
0 Comments

ANAHEIM, California – Ken Roczen will make the move from HRC Honda to H.E.P. Motorsports with the Progressive Ecstar Suzuki team, ending a long and eventful offseason that saw his split from his longstanding team after he committed to running World Supercross (WSX).

“H.E.P. Motorsports is thrilled to announce that the team has signed Ken Roczen as its premier rider for the 2023 season,” the team announced on Instagram. “Former AMA Motocross champion Roczen will be aboard a Suzuki RM-Z450. Roczen, who won his most recent championship on a Suzuki, will be reunited with the brand and bring his exciting style, determination, and grit back to the RM Army.

“Ken Roczen will compete in the upcoming 2023 Supercross and Motocross Championship series which is set to start on January 7 at Anaheim Stadium in Southern California.”

For Roczen, it is a return to the bike of his youth and on which he had some of his greatest professional success.

“This thing has been going on for weeks and weeks and weeks in the making, but there was so much uncertainty,” Roczen told NBC Sports during Monster Energy Supercross Media Sessions. “It was a very unique situation. I just finally signed two nights ago, so it’s really only legit once the ink hits the paper. It’s been in the works for a long time, but there were just a lot of questions and a lot of input from a lot of other teams too.

“Good things take time, and I’m okay with that. I grew up riding Suzuki. Ot’s like a homecoming. It’s a special feeling”

Roczen won the 2016 Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship on a Suzuki before making the move to Honda. That year he won nine of 12 Nationals and finished no worse than second as he easily outpaced Eli Tomac by 86 points. He finished third in his next Pro Motocross outing in 2018 after sitting out the outdoor season in 2017.

“I am beyond excited to reconnect with Suzuki for the 3rd time in my career. We’ve had a lot of success in the past and I’m looking forward to seeing what we can accomplish together in our future.” Roczen said in the Instagram post.