DONINGTON PARK – Amlin Andretti has confirmed that Simona de Silvestro will race for the team in the second FIA Formula E season, starting in Beijing this October.
De Silvestro made her Formula E debut at the season one finale in London with Andretti, finishing 11th and 12th in the two races at Battersea Park.
The IndyCar driver has remained a firm part of the Andretti Autosport family since cutting ties with Sauber F1 Team last year, and this will continue into the second Formula E season with a full-time drive.
“I’m happy to be joining the Andretti Formula E Team for this upcoming season,” de Silvestro said. “I’m really happy to be full time in the championship again and to work with both Amlin and TE Connectivity.
“I’m also looking forward to being part of developing the new Andretti Technologies powertrain and hope for a successful year with a great team.”
Team boss Michael Andretti expressed his belief that de Silvestro could take Andretti to victory in Formula E this year following an impressive debut in London.
“I’m very pleased with the way season two is looking for Andretti Formula E,” Andretti said.
“Simona did a great job at the London ePrix with very limited time to prepare, with a full season we are confident in her abilities to take the no. 28 Amlin Andretti car to the top of the podium.”
Amlin Andretti’s second seat is still to be confirmed following Jean-Eric Vergne’s move to DS Virgin Racing, but is likely to be shared by other Andretti-affiliated drivers as it was in season one.
ANAHEIM, California – Ken Roczen will make the move from HRC Honda to H.E.P. Motorsports with the Progressive Ecstar Suzuki team, ending a long and eventful offseason that saw his split from his longstanding team after he committed to running World Supercross (WSX).
“H.E.P. Motorsports is thrilled to announce that the team has signed Ken Roczen as its premier rider for the 2023 season,” the team announced on Instagram. “Former AMA Motocross champion Roczen will be aboard a Suzuki RM-Z450. Roczen, who won his most recent championship on a Suzuki, will be reunited with the brand and bring his exciting style, determination, and grit back to the RM Army.
“Ken Roczen will compete in the upcoming 2023 Supercross and Motocross Championship series which is set to start on January 7 at Anaheim Stadium in Southern California.”
For Roczen, it is a return to the bike of his youth and on which he had some of his greatest professional success.
“This thing has been going on for weeks and weeks and weeks in the making, but there was so much uncertainty,” Roczen told NBC Sports during Monster Energy Supercross Media Sessions. “It was a very unique situation. I just finally signed two nights ago, so it’s really only legit once the ink hits the paper. It’s been in the works for a long time, but there were just a lot of questions and a lot of input from a lot of other teams too.
“Good things take time, and I’m okay with that. I grew up riding Suzuki. Ot’s like a homecoming. It’s a special feeling”
Roczen won the 2016 Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship on a Suzuki before making the move to Honda. That year he won nine of 12 Nationals and finished no worse than second as he easily outpaced Eli Tomac by 86 points. He finished third in his next Pro Motocross outing in 2018 after sitting out the outdoor season in 2017.
“I am beyond excited to reconnect with Suzuki for the 3rd time in my career. We’ve had a lot of success in the past and I’m looking forward to seeing what we can accomplish together in our future.” Roczen said in the Instagram post.