Juncos Racing will have Kyle Kaiser back for a second season in the Indy Lights Presented by Cooper Tires, the team confirmed Thursday.
It’s Kaiser’s third straight year with the team, as he also competed in Pro Mazda Championship Presented by Cooper Tires in 2014.
Kaiser recorded two podiums and seven top-five finishes in his first season in Indy Lights, finishing sixth in the points.
“I’m excited to return for another year of Indy Lights with Juncos Racing,” Kaiser said in a release. “The chemistry and team synergy we’ve developed over the past two seasons, combined with their work ethic, passion, and dedication will be a huge advantage going into next year.
“I am very confident in the team’s ability to provide me with a car to win races and defend their title during my sophomore season.”
Kaiser is the fifth driver officially confirmed for 2016, and he’ll have a new teammate at Juncos Racing with Spencer Pigot graduating into the Verizon IndyCar Series next year for at least a three-race program with Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing.
Here’s a breakdown, below:
- Juncos Racing – Kyle Kaiser
- Schmidt Peterson Motorsports – RC Enerson, Ethan Ringel
- Carlin – Ed Jones
- Andretti Autosport – Dalton Kellett
- Team Pelfrey – 2 cars TBA
DRIVERS EXPECTED/PLANNING/RUMORED TO RETURN
- Santiago Urrutia, Pro Mazda champion (has tested with SPM)
- Zach Veach (has tested with Belardi Auto Racing)
- Shelby Blackstock (has tested with Andretti Autosport)
- Juan Piedrahita
- Felix Serralles
- Scott Anderson
- Sean Rayhall