GP3 teams allowed four cars each from 2016

© GP3 Series
0 Comments

The GP3 Series has confirmed that teams will be permitted to enter four cars each from 2016, expanding the grid to 28 entries.

Last month, it was announced that DAMS and Virtuosi Racing would be entering GP3 from the beginning of next season, taking over the entries of Status Grand Prix and Carlin.

However, it has now been confirmed that Virtuosi Racing will not be joining the grid, but that the seven remaining teams will be permitted to field four cars each.

“Following a request from the teams, GP3 Series organizers have decided to allow them to line up a maximum of four cars per squad instead of the three that is currently authorized,” a statement from GP3 confirmed.

“Therefore, the 2016 GP3 grid will be made of a maximum 28 cars. The new GP3/16 car will be delivered early next year to the teams given an entry for the next three year cycle.”

“I am pleased to announce that our GP3 teams will be allowed to line up a fourth car next season,” GP3 series CEO Bruno Michel said.

“It is something that has been discussed between us and the teams this year and I feel that it will give them an even stronger financial base for the season to come.”

GP3 Teams – 2016-2018

Arden International (GBR)
ART Grand Prix (FRA)
Campos Racing (ESP)
DAMS (FRA)
Jenzer Motorsport (SUI)
Koiranen GP (FIN)
Trident (ITA)

Ken Roczen signs with HEP Progressive Ecstar Suzuki for 2023

Roczen Progressive Ecstar Suzuki
Align Media
0 Comments

ANAHEIM, California – Ken Roczen will make the move from HRC Honda to H.E.P. Motorsports with the Progressive Ecstar Suzuki team, ending a long and eventful offseason that saw his split from his longstanding team after he committed to running World Supercross (WSX).

“H.E.P. Motorsports is thrilled to announce that the team has signed Ken Roczen as its premier rider for the 2023 season,” the team announced on Instagram. “Former AMA Motocross champion Roczen will be aboard a Suzuki RM-Z450. Roczen, who won his most recent championship on a Suzuki, will be reunited with the brand and bring his exciting style, determination, and grit back to the RM Army.

“Ken Roczen will compete in the upcoming 2023 Supercross and Motocross Championship series which is set to start on January 7 at Anaheim Stadium in Southern California.”

For Roczen, it is a return to the bike of his youth and on which he had some of his greatest professional success.

“This thing has been going on for weeks and weeks and weeks in the making, but there was so much uncertainty,” Roczen told NBC Sports during Monster Energy Supercross Media Sessions. “It was a very unique situation. I just finally signed two nights ago, so it’s really only legit once the ink hits the paper. It’s been in the works for a long time, but there were just a lot of questions and a lot of input from a lot of other teams too.

“Good things take time, and I’m okay with that. I grew up riding Suzuki. Ot’s like a homecoming. It’s a special feeling”

Roczen won the 2016 Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship on a Suzuki before making the move to Honda. That year he won nine of 12 Nationals and finished no worse than second as he easily outpaced Eli Tomac by 86 points. He finished third in his next Pro Motocross outing in 2018 after sitting out the outdoor season in 2017.

“I am beyond excited to reconnect with Suzuki for the 3rd time in my career. We’ve had a lot of success in the past and I’m looking forward to seeing what we can accomplish together in our future.” Roczen said in the Instagram post.