The season opening race weekend may not be for nearly two more months (March 11-13 in St. Petersburg, Florida), but the Verizon IndyCar Series preseason kicks off Wednesday with the first of several test dates.
Here’s a schedule (dates and participants subject to change):
* Jan. 20 at Sebring International Raceway in Florida: Honda Manufacturer Day — Andretti Autosport’s Marco Andretti, Ryan Hunter-Reay and Carlos Munoz, along with Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing’s Graham Rahal.
* Feb. 1 at Sebring: Andretti Autosport will be joined by AJ Foyt Racing’s Jack Hawksworth.
* Feb. 8 at Phoenix International Raceway: Chevrolet Manufacturer Day — drivers slated . Drivers slated to attend include Helio Castroneves, 2015 Indy 500 winner Juan Pablo Montoya, Simon Pagenaud, CHF Racing’s Josef Newgarden and KV Racing Technology’s Sebastien Bourdais.
* Feb. 10 at Sonoma Raceway: Chip Ganassi Racing’s Charlie Kimball is the only driver slated to test thus far, but it’s likely additional drivers and teams will join him.
* Feb. 26-27 at Phoenix International Raceway: “Test In The West,” a promoter test. Participants have not been announced yet.
* March 1 at Sebring: Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing’s and 2015 IndyLights champ Spencer Pigot.
* March 2 at Sebring: Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing’s Rahal and Pigot will be joined by Team Penske’s Castroneves, Montoya and Pagenaud, as well as Newgarden.
* March 15 at Barber Motorsports Park in Birmingham, Alabama: Team Penske will be represented by Castroneves, Montoya and Pagenaud, while Rahal will represent Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing.