The Verizon IndyCar Series is going international, as the sanctioning body announced Wednesday that its Verizon mobile app will be available and accessible worldwide.
The smartphone app, available on both Android and iOS devices, includes a wide variety of features for IndyCar fans to enhance their viewing and enjoyment of IndyCar events.
The device is available in all countries around the world with the exception of Crimea, Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan and Syria.
“The Verizon IndyCar Series has a large global audience and, thanks to our partners at Verizon, those fans are now able to get even closer to the action with the INDYCAR Mobile App,” Hulman & Company (parent company of INDYCAR and the Indianapolis Motor Speedway) CEO Mark Miles said in a media release. “As we prepare for a legendary season, we’re eager for our fans around the globe to experience the benefits of following Verizon IndyCar Series action with the INDYCAR Mobile App.”
Among features on the app for Verizon customers in the United States:
* Live video streams of race weekend sessions (except the race broadcast)
* In-car video streams from 360-degree cameras
* An interactive three-dimensional “Live View” with real-time leaderboards and car telemetry
* Two-dimensional “marching ants” with a leaderboard and car telemetry
* Radio chatter between drivers and their pit crews
* Streaming audio from the Advance Auto Parts INDYCAR Radio Network.
Non-Verizon customers in the U.S. and international customers can also utilize the app to access exclusive video on demand, a timing and scoring leaderboard, social media feeds and other exclusive content.
To download the INDYCAR Mobile App, go to the applications store on a smartphone device or visit http://www.verizonwireless.com/mobile-living/inside/indycar/