With the new FIA World Endurance Championship season just over one week away, the series has released a trailer previewing the 6 Hours of Silverstone.
The FIA WEC has gone from strength to strength since being formed in 2012, with last year’s championship seeing Porsche sweep to both titles in impressive fashion.
Mark Webber, Timo Bernhard and Brendon Hartley all became world champions for the first time after edging out rivals Audi at the last race of the year in Bahrain.
The new WEC season begins on April 17 at Silverstone with Porsche, Audi and Toyota set to go head-to-head once again for top honors in the LMP1 class.
The LMP2, GTE Pro and GTE Am championships are also too close to call, with the variety of racing making the WEC one of the most exciting series to watch currently.
You can watch the trailer previewing the 6 Hours of Silverstone above.
2016 FIA World Endurance Championship calendar
1. 6 Hours of Silverstone – April 17
2. 6 Hours of Spa-Francorchamps – May 7
3. 24 Hours of Le Mans – June 19
4. 6 Hours of Nurburgring – July 24
5. 6 Hours of Mexico City – September 4
6. 6 Hours of Circuit of The Americas – September 18
7. 6 Hours of Fuji – October 16
8. 6 Hours of Shanghai – November 6
9. 6 Hours of Bahrain – November 20