Jean-Philippe Belloc and Nathanael Berthon will both race at this year’s 24 Hours of Le Mans after being drafted in as replacements this week.
Belloc tested with Larbre Competition on Sunday at the Circuit de la Sarthe alongside Nicky Catsburg as the team sought a replacement for the injured Paolo Ruberti.
Ruberti was injured in an accident at Hockenheim last week while coaching, ruling him out of Le Mans.
On Thursday, Larbre announced that Belloc would be joining Yutaka Yamagishi and Pierre Ragues in the Chevrolet Corvette C7.R, marking his 10th entry to Le Mans.
“I am delighted to have been chosen by Jack Leconte to replace Paolo Ruberti, to whom everybody sends their best wishes, for this year’s 24 Hours of Le Mans,” Belloc said.
“It’s a very nice show of trust and a great privilege to defend the colours of Larbre Competition in the world’s greatest endurance race.
“The LMGTE AM category is quite competitive this year but I think we have a very solid package. The Corvette C7.R has proven its worth and the team has what it takes to challenge for a good result.
“Finally, I’d like to extend my warmest thanks to my friend and long-time teammate Christophe Bourret, who made it possible for me to be available for this iconic event.”
Greaves Motorsport has also made a change to its driver line-up, replacing Kuba Giermaziak who was dropped prior to Sunday’s test after his financial backing fell through.
Berthon parted company with G-Drive Racing last week, making way for Manor driver Will Stevens, but will still race at Le Mans in LMP2 after striking a deal with Greaves Motorsport.
“I am delighted to join Greaves Motorsport for the 24 Hours of Le Mans. I have been speaking with the team for a few years, now we are able to finally able to work together,” said Berthon.
“Greaves Motorsport is a very strong and professional organisation and I have no doubt that we are going to do an amazing job together in Le Mans.
“I would like to thank the Greaves family for welcoming me onboard and giving me this great opportunity.”