Mick Schumacher won’t rush racing career

© Getty Images
2 Comments

Mick Schumacher says that he will not be rushed in his motorsport career as he begins to work his way up the racing ladder.

The son of seven-time Formula 1 world champion Michael Schumacher, Mick started his single-seater career in 2015 in the German Formula 4 series.

Schumacher Jr. is balancing commitments in both German and Italian F4 in 2016, enjoying a strong start to the season in the latter with Prema Powerteam.

In an interview with F1 tire supplier Pirelli, Schumacher Jr. spoke about his racing career, expressing a desire to prepare properly and not rush his way up the racing ladder.

“It’s important to me to have a solid base and to become confident in all areas racing will be confronting me with,” Schumacher Jr. said.

“Exactly for this reason I will not be rushed and will not only have an eye for the quick results, instead I will be working on myself constantly and focused. Racing is an extremely complex sport, this makes it difficult and at the same time really fascinating.

“I can not think of anything better than to be on the racetrack, aiming for the perfect lap and always trying to improve my performance. I am willing to work hard on myself because I know, this is the only way to fulfill your own dreams.”

The focus on young drivers moving up the motorsport ladder early has increased in recent years following the rapid rise of Max Verstappen, who reached F1 after just one season in single-seaters.

The Dutchman became F1’s youngest grand prix winner in Spain last month, winning in his first race for Red Bull after being promoted in place of Daniil Kvyat.

Ken Roczen signs with HEP Progressive Ecstar Suzuki for 2023

Roczen Progressive Ecstar Suzuki
Align Media
0 Comments

ANAHEIM, California – Ken Roczen will make the move from HRC Honda to H.E.P. Motorsports with the Progressive Ecstar Suzuki team, ending a long and eventful offseason that saw his split from his longstanding team after he committed to running World Supercross (WSX).

“H.E.P. Motorsports is thrilled to announce that the team has signed Ken Roczen as its premier rider for the 2023 season,” the team announced on Instagram. “Former AMA Motocross champion Roczen will be aboard a Suzuki RM-Z450. Roczen, who won his most recent championship on a Suzuki, will be reunited with the brand and bring his exciting style, determination, and grit back to the RM Army.

“Ken Roczen will compete in the upcoming 2023 Supercross and Motocross Championship series which is set to start on January 7 at Anaheim Stadium in Southern California.”

For Roczen, it is a return to the bike of his youth and on which he had some of his greatest professional success.

“This thing has been going on for weeks and weeks and weeks in the making, but there was so much uncertainty,” Roczen told NBC Sports during Monster Energy Supercross Media Sessions. “It was a very unique situation. I just finally signed two nights ago, so it’s really only legit once the ink hits the paper. It’s been in the works for a long time, but there were just a lot of questions and a lot of input from a lot of other teams too.

“Good things take time, and I’m okay with that. I grew up riding Suzuki. Ot’s like a homecoming. It’s a special feeling”

Roczen won the 2016 Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship on a Suzuki before making the move to Honda. That year he won nine of 12 Nationals and finished no worse than second as he easily outpaced Eli Tomac by 86 points. He finished third in his next Pro Motocross outing in 2018 after sitting out the outdoor season in 2017.

“I am beyond excited to reconnect with Suzuki for the 3rd time in my career. We’ve had a lot of success in the past and I’m looking forward to seeing what we can accomplish together in our future.” Roczen said in the Instagram post.