Kimi Raikkonen topped the timesheets in the second and final day of testing at Silverstone, following this weekend’s British Grand Prix.
The Finn clocked a best lap of 1:30.665 in his Ferrari on Pirelli’s soft tires while Esteban Ocon of Mercedes was again the busiest runner on the day, completing 139 laps. Ocon was second on the timesheets.
Of the rest of the runners, Pierre Gasly (Red Bull), Nikita Mazepin (Force India) and Santino Ferrucci (Haas) continued for a second straight day, as did Pascal Wehrlein in the old Mercedes running as a test car for Pirelli’s new 2017 tires.
Valtteri Bottas ran a double decker rear wing for Williams and Renault’s Jolyon Palmer stopped on course just after the checkered flag but otherwise there were no major tidbits to emerge from the on-track sessions.
The drivers that took over following Tuesday’s session were:
- Raikkonen from Charles Leclerc (Ferrari)
- Stoffel Vandoorne from Fernando Alonso (McLaren)
- Bottas from Alex Lynn (Williams)
- Palmer from Sergey Sirotkin (Renault)
- Sergio Sette Camara from Carlos Sainz Jr. (Toro Rosso)
- Jordan King from Rio Haryanto (Manor)
Times are below: